Recognized since 2017
Campbell D. Barrett chairs the Family Law practice and focuses primarily on matrimonial and appellate matters. He has been named a Top 50 Connecticut Super Lawyer multiple times and in 2016 was named a Top 100 New England Super Lawyer. He has also been recognized by Best Lawyers in the area of family law. Campbell has participated in scores of bench and jury trials on a wide variety of complicated family, civil, administrative and criminal matters in Connecticut's state and federal courts. In addition, he has been lead counsel on more than 40 appeals to the Connecticut Supreme and Appellate Courts.
Campbell is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. He has served as an adjunct instructor at the University of Connecticut School of Law, has lectured and written frequently on appellate practice and family law, and has been a guest family law expert on National Public Radio. He is the co-author of the book, Same Sex Marriage: the Legal and Psychological Evolution in America, which in 2006 was awarded the American Psychological Association's "Most Distinguished Book in Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Psychology." He has also authored chapters in family law treatises on the definition of property and prenuptial agreements. Campbell was also the 2005 winner of the Hartford County Bar Association's Judge Maxwell Heiman Memorial Award.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.pullcom.com/people-CampbellDBarrett
- 90 State House Square
Hartford, CT 06103-3702
- Connecticut, Connecticut Bar Association
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow
- Connecticut Bar Association - Former Statewide Chair of the Young Lawyer's Section Family Law Committee (2000-2004)
- Hartford Bar Association - Co-Chair, Family Law Section
- Hartford's Early Intervention Program - Special Master, 2007- Present
- Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court - Barrister, 2000-2003
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law, Hartford (2022)
- Family Law, Hartford (2020)
- Family Law, Hartford (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Family Law
- Named one of the Top Ten Family Law Lawyers in Connecticut by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys - 2014
- Recipient of the Connecticut Law Tribune's "New Leader of Law" award - 2002
- Selected as a James W. Cooper Fellow by the Connecticut Bar Foundation - 2004
- Judge Maxwell Heiman Award by the Hartford County Bar Association - 2005
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.