Caroline Grier Kraich represents and advises private equity and venture capital firms, independent sponsors, and companies in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions, corporate governance best practices and regulations, and general corporate matters.
Caroline’s practice primarily involves negotiating mergers, acquisitions, and investment transactions, including private offerings of equity securities, growth equity investments, mergers, equity and asset acquisitions and sales, divestitures, and recapitalizations. Caroline works with her clients from beginning to end, providing counsel on transaction structure, drafting and negotiating acquisition and organizational documents, analyzing due diligence findings and inherent risk, and guiding clients toward a successful closing.
Her clients include private equity and investment firms, healthcare practices, financial service providers, manufacturers, distributors, and software and technology service companies.
While in law school, Caroline served as a summer clerk for the Honorable John A. Gibney in the Eastern District of Virginia. Caroline also served as editor-in-chief of the Virginia Tax Review. Prior to her legal career, Caroline was a professional fundraiser for various federal, state, and local political candidates and committees.
- Represents a leading sponsor-backed optometry management company, in numerous acquisitions and optometry management relationships
- Represented a platform business providing professional educational services in add-on acquisitions and related transactional matters
- Represented a leading lender in the healthcare industry in obtaining an equity investment from a national bank
- Represented a food producer and processer in an equity sale to Spice World
- Represented a growth equity firm in its investment in a software company providing products to health systems and patient practices
- Represented an engineering and consulting portfolio company in the acquisition of a security risk management company
- Represented a beverage manufacturing and distribution company in a series of related-party asset acquisitions expanding the client’s footprint on the East Coast
- Represented a veterinary medicine management company in numerous practice acquisitions in the Mid-Atlantic and in the ultimate sale of the company to a private equity firm
- Represents a SaaS startup in equity and investment matter and ongoing corporate governance
- Represented equity owners of a furniture design and manufacturing business, in connection with sale to, and rollover investment in, an existing portfolio company of a private equity firm