Recognized since 2016
Litigation - Securities
A well-rounded complex commercial litigator, Bryan West handles matters emanating from Latin American business transactions and has litigated and arbitrated, in both English and Spanish, numerous multi-million dollar disputes involving Argentina, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Honduras, Ecuador, and Venezuela. His matters often require the application of complex federal laws, including the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.
Further deepening Bryan’s practice is his trusted knowledge of business disputes, torts, contracts, the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act, the federal securities laws, fraud, and the federal Fair Housing Act. Additionally, he has experience with banking, insurance, healthcare, commercial foreclosure defense, receiverships, officer/director liabilities, and federal and state environmental laws dealing with hydrocarbons.
Bryan has extensive experience as defense counsel in large class actions, which span a wide range of subject matters, including the federal securities laws, products liability, insurance, data privacy, and the Fair Housing Act.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/bryan-west.html
- Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 1100
98 Southeast Seventh Street
Miami, FL 33131
- Duke University , JD, graduated 1992
- Princeton University, BA, graduated 1989
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- New York, New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Securities
- Commercial Litigation
- Listed in National Law Journal's "Top 100 Verdicts," 2005
- Recognized as counsel in case that was named "Runner-Up" in the category of "Deal of the Year 2008: Disputes" in Latin Lawyer Magazine's Deal of the Year annual awards issue February 2009.
- South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyers 2009-2018, Listed for Corporate and Business Litigation, International Arbitration
- Finalist as "Most Effective Lawyer" in the area of Appellate Law, Daily Business Review, 2008
- Finalist as "Most Effective Lawyer" in the area of Class Actions, Daily Business Review, 2014
- Recognized as "Most Effective Lawyer" in International Law, Daily Business Review, 2005 and 2007
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.