Recognized since 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
Litigation and Controversy - Tax
Bruce Baker is a member of the firm’s Tax, Estate Planning, and Employee Benefits and Business, Finance, and Real Estate Departments. His practice includes tax dispute representation, federal, state, and local tax litigation involving income, estate, sales and use, and property taxes. Bruce regularly assists clients with estate and wealth transfer planning, charitable giving, and structuring tax-deferred exchanges.
Prior to joining Nyemaster Goode, Bruce was a trial attorney with the Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service. Bruce holds a Certified Public Accountant certificate (Iowa 1982).
Business Planning and Taxation
Real Estate Taxation
State and Local Taxation
Tax Controversies and Disputes
Business, Finance, & Real Estate
Tax, Estate Planning, & Employee Benefits
Wealth Transfer, Trusts, and Estates
Estate, Trust, and Fiduciary Litigation
University of Iowa (B.B.A., with distinction, 1978)
University of San Diego (J.D., cum laude, 1982)
Certified Public Accountant, Iowa, 1982
Admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Iowa and the United States Tax Court.
Trial Attorney, Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, 1982-1986
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.nyemaster.com/attorneys/bruce-w-baker/
- 700 Walnut Street, Suite 1600
Des Moines, IA 50309-3899
- University of San Diego, J.D., graduated 1982
- The University of Iowa, BBA, graduated 1978
- Iowa, The Iowa State Bar Association
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Des Moines (2021)
- Tax Law, Des Moines (2020)
- Tax Law, Des Moines (2014)
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Des Moines (2013)
- Tax Law, Des Moines (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Tax Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.