Recognized since 2017
Newport Beach, California
Real Estate Law
Bruce C. Stuart is a founding partner of Stuart Kane LLP, and practices in the Real Estate group.
Mr. Stuart’s experience encompasses a wide range of transactional real estate matters, including acquisition, development, construction and permanent financing, joint ventures, leasing, and dispositions. He has significant experience in the acquisition, development, leasing, financing, and disposition of a variety of commercial development projects including office, industrial, retail, hospitality, medical office and assisted/senior living. He has very extensive experience in, shopping center development, financing, leasing, acquisitions and sales.
Mr. Stuart’s representative clients include:
- The Irvine Company
- Donahue Schriber Realty Group L.P.
- The Curci Companies
- ICI Development Company
- IHP Capital Partners
- J.W. Mitchell Company
- Merlone Geier
He has lectured for the California Continuing Education of the Bar on commercial real property leasing, real property financing, major real property acquisitions, and recent developments in real estate law. He has also participated in roundtable and panel presentations at the International Council of Shopping Centers Idea Exchange, Fall Convention/Deal Making Conference and Annual Law Conference.
His practice covers developments principally in California and the western United States.
Recent Real Estate Transactions
- Represented private REIT in acquisition of neighborhood shopping centers in San Francisco and San Luis Obispo, California.
- Represented developer in a participating construction loan for 270,000 square foot office building project in Denver, Colorado.
- Represented private REIT in permanent, loan pool financing of eight neighborhood shopping centers.
- Represented institutional investor in formation of joint venture for residential housing projects in San Diego area.
- Represented developer in the acquisition and formation of joint venture with institutional investor for the master planning of an approximately 950 acre residential and commercial project in Reno, Nevada.
- Represented developer in sale of single tenant anchor and pad retail properties in Palmdale and Riverside and acquisition of development sites in Menifee and Victorville.
- Represented developer in anchor tenant theater, market and fitness club leases in a redevelopment mixed use project in Los Angeles area.Represented investor/owner in sale of @ 350,000 square foot industrial building in Moreno Valley.
- Represented landowner in sale of approximately 180 acres for residential development to a home builder.Represented developer in forming joint venture for development of approximately 360-unit apartment project and service retail.
- Represented developer in lease negotiations with Whole Foods for two different 50,000 square foot flagship stores in Northern California and Southern California.
- Represented commercial real estate owner in sale of four industrial buildings in Moreno Valley, California.
- Represented landowner in sale of Target Store in Cupertino, California.
- Represented investor in joint venture in connection with acquisition and development of large single-family home and condominium development in Ventura County, California.
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.