Recognized since 2021
Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
Trusts and Estates
“Being sincerely invested in you and having your best interests at heart is what fuels my passion for estate planning. It takes a personal approach to create a positive experience and that is the foundation of my practice.”
I feel privileged to assist with your estate planning and grateful to be allowed into your life. Experiencing a variety of life events with clients builds trust, and I am proud of the long-standing relationships I have developed over the past 23 years.
I work closely with individuals and families to plan for the transfer of wealth during their lifetimes and upon death with the most favorable tax consequences. I accomplish this through the planning and drafting of:
- revocable trusts;
- trusts for minors;
- irrevocable trusts;
- insurance trusts;
- cabin and vacation home trusts;
- charitable lead trusts and charitable remainder trusts;
- intentionally defective grantor trusts;
- qualified personal residence trusts;
- antenuptial, post-nuptial, and cohabitation agreements; and
- family limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
I also routinely assist families after the death of a loved one to steer them through the probate process, asset transfers, and death tax returns, to ensure that the client’s carefully laid plans are properly executed.
I invest in knowing you from the start and take the time to learn about you and your core values. I am skilled at creating plans that balance these values with the legal and tax ramifications of transferring your assets. I explain things clearly and simplify what can seem like an overwhelming process. Dedicated to the importance of family, I enjoy navigating you and your loved ones through the estate planning process. I am known for exuding compassion, optimism, and energy, and as a result, I have happy and loyal clients.
Read my full bio here.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://hensonefron.com/attorneys/brigitt-m-orfield/
- 225 South Sixth Street, Suite 1600
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- William Mitchell College of Law , J.D., graduated 1994
- University of St. Thomas, B.A., graduated 1991
- Minnesota, Minnesota
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust Estate Law Section - Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association - Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Section - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers–Rising Stars® Edition, 2004
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers®, 2020-2021
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.