Recognized since 2009
Charlotte, North Carolina
Brian M. Davis is a Partner at VLP, Co-Chair of the Intellectual Property Practice Group and a former member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Brian focuses his practice on client counseling relating to trademarks, including worldwide trademark clearance and the prosecution of U.S. and foreign trademark applications. He also has experience with copyright and other intellectual property issues, such as domain name disputes (including the UDRP), licensing programs and other intellectual property-related agreements. Brian is also Co-Chair of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Trademark and Copyright Committee.
Brian provides strategic trademark, copyright and domain name advice for a wide variety of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to small start-up entities. During his career, Brian has represented the owners of some of the world’s best known brands in the footwear, banking, consumer electronics, home improvement, retail clothing and other industries, including BB&T, Reebok, Timberland, Rockport, Belk, Safeco, T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, Lowe’s, Invesco, Assurant and Bank of America.
Prior to joining VLP, Brian was a partner with Alston & Bird, and was a member of Alston & Bird’s Trademark & Copyright Group, where he served as the Practice Group Leader. Before joining Alston & Bird, Brian was an associate with Taft, Stettinius & Hollister in Cincinnati.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.vlplawgroup.com/attorneys/brian-davis/
- 5960 Fairview Road, Suite 400
Charlotte, NC 28210
- Washington University in St. Louis, J.D., graduated 1996
- West Virginia University, BA, graduated 1992
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association
- Carolina Bar Association’s Trademark and Copyright Committee - Co-Chair
- Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) Trademark Office Practice Committee - Former Co-Chair
- Charlotte Community ToolBank - Initial President and Founding Board Member
- International Trademark Association - Madrid Protocol Subcommittee
- Copyright Law, Charlotte (2024)
- Trademark Law, Charlotte (2024)
- Copyright Law, Charlotte (2021)
- Trademark Law, Charlotte (2019)
- Trademark Law, Charlotte (2017)
- Trademark Law, Charlotte (2014)
- Copyright Law, Charlotte (2013)
- Copyright Law
- Trademark Law
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2009 – present.
- Listed in IP Stars – Trademarks 2013 – present.
- The Best Lawyers Charlotte Lawyer of the Year - Copyright (2013)
- The Best Lawyers Charlotte Lawyer of the Year - Trademarks (2014 and 2017)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.