Recognized since 2022
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Brian is an attorney in the Louisville office, where he is a member of the Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy Service Group. Brian's practice focuses on lender liability actions, contested mortgage litigation, consumer protection litigation (TILA, RESPA, FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA), commercial foreclosure, forcible detainer & eviction and other real estate disputes, residential and commercial compliance, and general commercial litigation in state and federal courts. Brian has served on the Louisville Office Recruiting Committee since 2011 and served as the Louisville Office Summer Associate program coordinator during summer 2017. He is also a member of the firm's Diversity Committee.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Mr. Bennett has a passion for mentoring and has served as a volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana since 2006. He is also a board member of Capital Access Corporation-Kentucky. Brian is an avid runner and a lifelong fan and supporter of the University of Louisville. He also enjoys spending time with his wife, Chelsea, and his triplet sons, Aiden, Bryson, and Theo. A Louisville native, Mr. Bennett participated in the firm's summer associate program in 2009 and also clerked with the firm during his final semester of law school.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- The Coronavirus and Beyond: Strategies for Creditors During Uncertain Economic Times, with Elizabeth Lee Thompson and Chrisandrea L. Turner, Stites & Harbison Webinar, November 12, 2020
- Update on Bank Litigation, Speaker, Conference on Legal Issues for Financial Institutions, October 23, 2020
- GSEs Announce New Fee for Consumer Residential Loan Refinances: Lenders Brace for Added Costs and Potential Compliance Concerns, Stites & Harbison Client Alert, August 18, 2020
- Collecting a Judgment, Webinar, July 8, 2020, with Erika R. Barnes , Eric J. Breithaupt and Elizabeth Lee Thompson
- Asset Recovery Orders/Replevin Overview & Local Rules, Webinar, June 30, 2020, with Erika R. Barnes , Eric J. Breithaupt and Elizabeth Lee Thompson
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.stites.com/attorneys/brian-m-bennett
- 400 West Market Street, Suite 1800
Louisville, KY 40202-3352
- University of Louisville , J.D., cum laude, graduated 2011
- University of Louisville, B.S., magna cum laude, Political Science, graduated 2008
- American Bar Association - Member
- Kentucky Bar Association - Member
- Louisville Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Financial Services Litigation
- Successfully defended appeal challenging lender's standing to enforce loan documents
- Obtained summary judgment in state court involving alleged fraud, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and breach of contract during loan modification review
- Counsel for mortgage servicer in bench trial of state court case involving attempted invalidation of mortgage and common law claim for breach of contract
- Obtained summary judgment for mortgage servicer in state court residential foreclosure action involving alleged rescission under the federal Truth-in-Lending Act
- Received judgment and repossession of secured collateral for client at the bench trial of a state court action where client's secured collateral changed hands multiple times
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.