Brian is an attorney in the Louisville office, where he is a member of the Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy Service Group. Brian's practice focuses on lender liability actions, contested mortgage litigation, consumer protection litigation (TILA, RESPA, FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA), commercial foreclosure, forcible detainer & eviction and other real estate disputes, residential and commercial compliance, and general commercial litigation in state and federal courts. Brian has served on the Louisville Office Recruiting Committee since 2011 and served as the Louisville Office Summer Associate program coordinator during summer 2017. He is also a member of the firm's Diversity Committee.
More Than Stites & Harbison
Mr. Bennett has a passion for mentoring and has served as a volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana since 2006. He is also a board member of Capital Access Corporation-Kentucky. Brian is an avid runner and a lifelong fan and supporter of the University of Louisville. He also enjoys spending time with his wife, Chelsea, and his triplet sons, Aiden, Bryson, and Theo. A Louisville native, Mr. Bennett participated in the firm's summer associate program in 2009 and also clerked with the firm during his final semester of law school.
Recent News, Articles & Speaking Engagements
- The Coronavirus and Beyond: Strategies for Creditors During Uncertain Economic Times, with Elizabeth Lee Thompson and Chrisandrea L. Turner, Stites & Harbison Webinar, November 12, 2020
- Update on Bank Litigation, Speaker, Conference on Legal Issues for Financial Institutions, October 23, 2020
- GSEs Announce New Fee for Consumer Residential Loan Refinances: Lenders Brace for Added Costs and Potential Compliance Concerns, Stites & Harbison Client Alert, August 18, 2020
- Collecting a Judgment, Webinar, July 8, 2020, with Erika R. Barnes , Eric J. Breithaupt and Elizabeth Lee Thompson
- Asset Recovery Orders/Replevin Overview & Local Rules, Webinar, June 30, 2020, with Erika R. Barnes , Eric J. Breithaupt and Elizabeth Lee Thompson