Recognized since 2007
Over the past 25 years, Brian Heidelberger has represented a multitude of the nation’s most revered brands and agencies in the marketing of their products and services. Recognized as Chicago “Lawyer of the Year” in Advertising Law by Best Lawyers and cited by Chambers USA as a “practical solutions-oriented lawyer” and an “expert in the field of advertising,” Brian is sought after by clients for his cutting-edge legal and industry knowledge, responsiveness and creativity.
His diverse skill set includes providing advice and guidance in the following areas.
- Advertising: Clearance, claim substantiation, music/talent/sponsorship licensing, branded entertainment, agency/client agreements, children’s advertising, regulated industries, and Screen Actors Guild matters
- Promotions: Sweepstakes, contests, coupons, rebates, gift cards, loyalty programs, event/cause/entertainment marketing, and related transactions
- Privacy: All consumer privacy law issues, such as e-mail marketing, text messaging, behavioral advertising, and marketing to children
- New/Social Media: Social media, native advertising, user-generated content, mobile marketing, e-commerce, and domain names
- Media/Digital Marketing: Media agency and technology agreements, including media buying, planning, placement, SaaS and PaaS, programmatic advertising services, targeted advertising, cloud-based platforms and tools, data-driven marketing agreements, and e-commerce
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution: False and misleading advertising, copyright and trademark infringement, right of publicity and cybersquatting, including FTC, AG, NAD, SAG, and UDRP actions
- Trademark, Copyright, and Right of Publicity: Clearance, protection, licensing and maintenance of trademarks, copyrights, domain names, and other intellectual property
- Entertainment, Sports and Gaming: Assistance to brands, media and producers in the areas of motion pictures, television, podcasts, games and events
- Athletes and Agents: Assistance to athletes and entertainers in the areas of trusts and estates, corporate matters, nonprofit foundations, intellectual property, domain names, and sponsorship
Brian is a frequent speaker, writer and creator of the popular Mini Law Lessons video series addressing topics related to brand marketing, promotions and intellectual property.
Outside of his practice, he is a founding member of Allies of Innocence, a nonprofit that provides free trauma and grief counselling to children and families affected by gun violence in Chicago.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.loeb.com/en/people/h/heidelberger-brian
- 321 North Clark, Suite 2300
Chicago, IL 60654
- Illinois Institute of Technology , J.D.
- Indiana University Bloomington, B.A.
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Advertising Law, Chicago (2022)
- Advertising Law, Chicago (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Advertising Law
"Brian Heidelberger is a top-rate advertising lawyer; he is very knowledgeable and practical. Brian is always on the "short list" of advertising attorneys when we have a conflict and have to refer the business to another firm. We know that he will handle the matter well and that the client will be in good hands."
- Terri Seligman (Frankfurt Kurnit)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.