Recognized since 2013
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Brian G. Paul, the co-managing Partner at Szaferman, Lakind, is a a highly accomplished matrimonial attorney. With over 25 years of experience, he has earned a reputation throughout New Jersey as an expert in divorce and family law matters.
Brian’s exemplary work in Family Law has earned him a spot in the Best Lawyers in America® list by BL Rankings, LLC every year since 2013. He was also named “2015 Lawyer of the Year,” “2018 Lawyer of the Year,” and “2023 Lawyer of the Year” in the Princeton-Metro region. Since 2007, Brian has been included in the list of New Jersey Super Lawyers™ issued by Thomson Reuters, which recognizes the top 5% of all attorneys in the state. He was also identified as one of the Top 100 Super Lawyers™ in New Jersey by the blue-ribbon panel in 2009, 2019, and 2021.
As one of the few attorneys in New Jersey who is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, Brian is recognized as an expert on divorce and family law matters. He also holds Martindale-Hubbell’s™ highest rating of “AV Preeminent” in both of his practice areas – Family Law and Appellate Practice.
With vast experience in litigating the most challenging family law issues, Brian specializes in litigating, mediating, and arbitrating financially complex high net worth divorce actions. He is often sought to serve as an arbitrator/mediator or co-counsel in such cases.
A significant part of Brian’s practice involves handling all types of divorce/family law appeals before New Jersey’s Appellate courts. He has been involved in many appellate cases that have helped shape New Jersey family law, and his efforts have been recognized by the New Jersey State Bar Association. He has been awarded the Amicus Curiae Award on six separate occasions for his efforts in representing and advocating the NJ State Bar Association’s position on family law cases before the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Brian received his Juris Doctor from Widener University School of Law in Wilmington, Delaware, where he was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award for his superior skills in Legal Research and Writing. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Rutgers College in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Brian presently serves as co-Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Amicus Committee, as well as a member of its Family Law Executive Committee.
With his extensive experience and impressive track record, Brian is committed to helping his clients navigate the complexities of divorce and family law with unparalleled legal representation and guidance.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.szaferman.com/attorneys/brian-g-paul
- 101 Grovers Mill Road, Suite 200
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, BA, graduated 1991
- New Jersey, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association - Member
- Mercer County Bar Association - Member
- New Jersey Sate Bar Appellate Practice Committee - Member 2007-2012
- New Jersey State Bar Family Law Section - Executive Committee Member
- Family Law, Princeton (2023)
- Family Law, Princeton (2018)
- Family Law, Princeton (2015)
- Family Law
- Family Law Appeals
- New Jersey State Bar Association Amicus Curiae Award (2014)
- New Jersey State Bar Association Amicus Curiae Award (2015) (Gnall v. Gnall)
- New Jersey State Bar Association Amicus Curiae Award (2016) (Major v. Maguire)
- New Jersey State Bar Association Amicus Curiae Award (2016) (In the matter of adoption of a child by J.E.V.)
- Family Law Mediation
- Family Law Arbitration
- Appellate Practice
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.