Recognized since 2008
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Brian A. McDowell practices in the areas of bankruptcy, insolvency litigation and receiverships. In bankruptcy, Mr. McDowell has primarily focused on representing debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, tenants, landlords, asset purchasers, defendants in adversary proceedings and trustees. These matters have arisen in both voluntary and involuntary Chapter 11 cases. Mr. McDowell has conducted two jury trials in the United States Bankruptcy Court.
In addition to Mr. McDowell's debtor and creditor representation, Mr. McDowell has also represented clients in a variety of litigation matters including foreclosure, fraud, Lantham Act, Interstate Land Sales Act, real estate and collections actions, as well as fraudulent transfer and preference actions.
Mr. McDowell has handled a wide range of cases in different industries including hotel and hospitality, aviation, maritime, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, retail and real estate.
Mr. McDowell has also had the occasion to serve as equity receiver and counsel for the receiver in matters involving various federal agencies. In these roles, Mr. McDowell has been responsible for the management and liquidation of a variety of businesses, the pursuit of claims of the receivership estates, and the evaluation and disposition of claims of creditors. Mr. McDowell has also been responsible for securing the turnover of assets by defendants.
Mr. McDowell has spoken on various issues, including construction, finance, corporate renewal and turnaround management. Additionally, Mr. McDowell has spoken at various continuing legal education seminars regarding bankruptcy and insolvency issues.
Contact & Links
- 200 South Orange Avenue, Suite 2600
Orlando, FL 32801
- University of Florida, BS
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association - Member
- Gator Club of Central Florida - Member
- Mad Cow Theatre, Board of Directors - Chairman
- Order of the Coif - Member
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, Board of Directors - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Best Lawyers, Orlando Magazine
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2010, 2012, 2013
Other Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.