Recognized since 2012
Agriculture and Rural Affairs
Equity Capital Markets Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
A well known corporate lawyer, Brett is well respected for his ability to drive matters to conclusion with powerful results and is lauded for his strong leadership skills.
Brett has expertise in capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, and board advice. He has managed numerous capital raisings, including many ASX listings during his 36-year career. He is practical and passionate about offering quality expertise to clients, whose relationships he genuinely values. Both corporate and private clients repeatedly turn to Brett, knowing they will be dealt with expertly and efficiently.
Brett is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, was a member of the Takeovers Panel from 1997 to 2009 and is a former long-standing member of the Board of Taxation, an appointment that has given him insight into the relationships between the Federal Government, the Federal Treasury, and the Australian Taxation Office.
He has extensive boardroom experience gained over the past 28 years as a company director of listed and unlisted companies in the life sciences, property, agribusiness and energy sectors. His experience in agribusiness is based on both a legal and commercial perspective as he also has private interests. He is currently a chairman of two ASX listed companies.
Brett is a skilled personnel manager and knows how to draw the best from his team. He has strong project management skills and understands whose skills will best combine to allow complex matters to progress as quickly as possible for clients.
He motivates by example and sets high standards that, naturally, he also adheres to. He has spearheaded the growth that has seen the firm develop into Queensland’s largest firm and also become known as a leading firm in Australia.
- Riverside Centre
123 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
- Apollo Motorhomes Holidays Pty Ltd - Advisory Board Member
- Australian Institute of Company Directors - Fellow
- ERM Power Ltd (listed in December 2010) - Director
- Invion Ltd (ASX) - Director
- Law Council of Australia Companies Committee - Member
- Queensland ASIC Regional Liaison Committee - Member
- Queensland Law Society Companies Committee - Member
- Tenement to Terminal Limited (unlisted) - Director
- Trinity Ltd (ASX) - Chairman
- Wilson HTM Charities Ltd (non profit) - Director
15 The Best Lawyers in Australia™ awards
1 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Australia™ award
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Brisbane, Australia (2021)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Brisbane, Australia (2013)
- Agriculture and Rural Affairs
- Corporate Law
- Equity Capital Markets Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Centenary Award - 2003
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.