Recognized since 2019
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Bradley M. Cosgrove is a Chicago medical malpractice attorney, personal injury attorney, and partner at Clifford Law Offices. He is an experienced trial attorney in the areas of medical malpractice, trucking accidents, automobile collisions, personal injury, and wrongful death who believes that results speak for themselves.
As a young Chicago personal injury attorney, Brad began his career as a trial lawyer. As a matter of fact, he undertook his first jury trial just one day after he received his law license on behalf of a woman permanently injured as a result of being hit by a car as she legally crossed the street within a crosswalk. Within five months after being sworn in as an attorney in Illinois, he gave the closing argument in a case that resulted in a $3 million gross verdict on behalf of a family who lost their father in a trucking accident. As he worked to establish himself as a leading Chicago medical malpractice and personal injury attorney, Brad was reported to be the youngest lawyer in Illinois to obtain a verdict in excess of a million dollars. This verdict was affirmed by the Illinois Appellate Court in U.S. Bank v. Lindsey, 397 Ill. App. 3d 437 (1st Dist. 2009), and the case solidified logo liability in trucking cases throughout Illinois.
After Brad’s record-setting start, he continued to obtain numerous million-dollar settlements in Illinois as well as in other states. He was the lead trial counsel for a grandmother who died at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago as a result of medical malpractice, and his attorney experience benefited the client. In that case, a chest x-ray was improperly read by a resident physician and a timely surgical consultation was not requested, which caused a terrible infection that spread throughout the patient’s body causing major organ failure and death. After a two-week trial, a jury returned a verdict for one million dollars.
Brad has received numerous accolades recognizing his superior trial skills. The National Trial Lawyers named him one of the Top 100 Lawyers in the country. The Law Bulletin Publishing Company named him one of the Top 40 Under 40 attorneys in Chicago in 2014. He was named as an Illinois Rising Star from 2006–2016. He also gives back to the profession and to the community through his work as a leader of the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association as an elected Assembly member, and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association serving on its Board of Managers, as well as through the Wounded Warrior projects that helps veterans and their families.
Prior to joining Clifford Law Offices in 2013, Brad was the lead trial lawyer in excess of two dozen trials in various areas of the law. In his first week at Clifford Law Offices, he immediately appeared before a jury trial at the Daley Center on behalf of a brain injured child. Brad is extremely intense and focused, two characteristics that influence his performance as a nationally recognized personal injury attorney. He is a man who knows how to prepare for trial with a sense of purpose and organization while keeping the client’s best interest at the forefront of his thoughts. He has handled cases throughout Illinois including Cook, Champaign, DuPage, Will, Lake, Kankakee, Winnebago, Williamson, Ford, and Kendall Counties. Brad has also handled cases outside of Illinois including Indiana, Kentucky, Arizona, and Minnesota. He has argued several cases on appeal before the various Illinois appellate districts on catastrophic injury and death, and he has argued before the 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Brad has lectured at the John Marshall Law School on expert witnesses and trial practice, topics of which he has experienced numerous times as a Chicago medical malpractice attorney. He also has been invited to speak many times before the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association on a variety of trial preparation topics.
Brad Cosgrove’s reputation as a fair, tough and successful advocate for those in need has made him a proud addition to the Clifford Law Offices’ legal team as a partner at the firm.
- 120 North LaSalle Street, 36th Floor
Chicago, IL 60602
- University of Illinois Chicago, John Marshall Law School, graduated 2006
- Grand Valley State University, graduated 2002
- United States, Member
- United States, Assembly (2016-Present); Tort Law Committee (2016-Present)
- United States, Member Board of Managers (2015-Present); Program Planning Co-Chair (2014-2015)
- United States, Co-Chair Torts Committee YLD (2014)
- American Bar Association (ABA) - Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA) - Member, Board of Managers, 2015-Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA) - Program Planning Co-Chair, 2014-2015
- National Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) - Assembly, 2016-Present
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) - Tort Law Committee, 2016-Present
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA) - Co-Chair Torts Committee YLD, 2014
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, Chicago (2023)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Transportation Law
- National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Civil Plaintiff, 2014-2017
- Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin Media, 2018-Present
- Selected to Illinois Super Lawyers list, 2017-Present
- National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 under 40 Civil Plaintiff, 2014-Present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2019-Present
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010-2016
- Law Bulletin Publishing Company 40 Under 40, 2014
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.