Recognized since 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Litigation - Patent
Blas Arroyo is a partner in the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group. His practice has a particular emphasis on contested matters involving patent rights.
Blas has been engaged in the field of intellectual property litigation for over 30 years. His experience includes trials in various federal courts throughout the United States, as well as before the International Trade Commission in Section 337 Investigations, involving issues of patent validity, infringement and enforceability, as well as related antitrust and unfair competition claims in a wide variety of technical fields. Blas has also been involved in numerous appeals to the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
Blas has been actively involved in various inter partes matters pertaining to intellectual property rights before the United States Patent and Trademark Office Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences, where he is admitted to practice. He has also directed and coordinated contested proceedings pertaining to patent rights outside of the United States, including numerous opposition proceedings and related matters in the European Patent Office, as well as other patent offices throughout the world.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.alston.com/professionals/blas-arroyo/
- Vantage South End
1120 South Tryon Street, Suite 300
Charlotte, NC 28203
- Washington and Lee University, J.D., graduated 1981
- North Carolina State University, BS, graduated 1978
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association
- AIPPI – U.S. Executive Committee - Member
- Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont - Board Member
- Intellectual Property Section of the American Bar Association, American Intellectual Property Law Association and Federal Circuit Bar Associations - Member
- N.C. State University Endowment Board - Member
- Washington & Lee University Law Council - Member
- Litigation - Patent, Charlotte (2022)
- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Charlotte (2020)
- Litigation - Patent, Charlotte (2019)
- Litigation - Patent, Charlotte (2017)
- Litigation - Patent, Charlotte (2013)
- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Charlotte (2012)
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- Counsel for the respondent ESAB Group, Inc. in an ITC investigation (337-TA-686) concerning welding wire technology. Obtained an Initial Determination of no violation for the client.
- Counsel for a leading marine products manufacturer, Navico Inc., in an ITC investigation (337-TA-738) involving marine autopilots equipped with GPS.
- Has tried cases in various district courts and has substantively participated in or managed numerous litigations in various states resulting in favorable settlements on behalf of firm clients.
- Involved in numerous appeals at the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, including the presentation of a successful argument on behalf of all defendants involving the on-sale bar in the leading case of Vanmoor v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 201 F.3d 1363 (Fed. Cir. 2000).
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.