If you, a friend or family member has been charged with a criminal offense in North Carolina, Powers Law Firm PA is here to help.
“We are in the business of providing sound legal advice during difficult times. We offer experience, a dedication to legal adeptness, and probably more than anything, compassion,” says Bill Powers, Senior Attorney.
When clients and their families call, it’s normally the worst day in their life.
We want to help people get through those times with a loving heart, with patience, and understanding.
Bill Powers has been included in different publications** including:
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" DUI/DWI Defense Charlotte, North Carolina 2022
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" DUI/DWI Defense Charlotte, North Carolina 2020
- Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" CRIMINAL DEFENSE: GENERAL PRACTICE Charlotte, North Carolina 2017
- Super Lawyers has included Bill Powers in the 2022 North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine and
- Top 100 in North Carolina - 2022 North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Top 25 in Charlotte - 2022 Charlotte Super Lawyers
Bill Powers is a recipient of the Distinguished Service Award by the North Carolina State Bar, see: https://www.ncbar.gov/bar-programs/distinguished-service-award/distinguished-service-award-recipients/
Powers Law Firm PA selected for inclusion in the U.S. News Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" in 2010 - 2022. Bill has also been included individually as in the publication Best Lawyers in America since 2010.
Bill Powers is a Past President of North Carolina Advocates for Justice 2016 - 2017 ncaj.com
Bill Powers is a Founding Member of the Center for Legal Education and Advocacy Center4LegalEd.com
Bill Powers is a Charlotte Collaborative Divorce Lawyer and IACP Member – International Association of Collaborative Professionals
He handles Criminal Defense matters, including general misdemeanors and serious felonies, DWI DUI Impaired Driving cases, Family Law, Divorce, Collaborative Divorce, Custody Disputes, Equitable Distribution, and complex personal injury and wrongful death
- Bill is a Board-Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy / National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- Founding Member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Included in Business North Carolina Magazine, "Legal Elite 2021"
Bill was admitted to practice in North Carolina in 1992.
** For more information regarding membership information and criterion for inclusion to Super Lawyers North Carolina and Business North Carolina "Legal Elite" see:
NC State Bar - Distinguished Service Award Presentation Ceremony Video July 2021: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hLc0ig-ct4
*All recognitions & awards are for North Carolina attorney Bill Powers. For more information on
Important information about Lawyer Associations, Awards, & Certifications and Powers Law Firm PA / CarolinaAttorneys.com Content: https://www.carolinaattorneys.com/awards-and-associations.html