Beth-Ann E. Krimsky is a commercial litigator and trial attorney whose practice includes a broad variety of business cases, including complex real estate and land use litigation, commercial disputes, fraud based litigation and class action defense with an emphasis on marketing, privacy and compliance issues (including pursuant to the TCPA, FCRA, and DPPA to name a few). Her practice includes trial work in both federal and state courts as well as alternative dispute resolution forums such as arbitration proceedings.
Ms. Krimsky’s land use and real estate litigation practice includes trial court litigation as well as representation of clients in quasi-judicial proceedings before city and county commissions and/or government bodies. She also has extensive experience pursuing and litigating claims under the Bert J. Harris Act and obtaining extraordinary writs of mandamus and petitions for writ of certiorari throughout the state.
Ms. Krimsky’s experience defending companies facing complex class actions has brought her to both state and federal courts throughout the country covering a broad range of industries, including retail promotions, automotive warranty, credit card processing, vacation sales and debt settlement. She has a history of defeating class actions at many stages of the process and bringing early resolution to cases that warrant it to save client time and money.
Ms. Krimsky also serves as local counsel for many out of state companies with Florida matters including contract disputes for software providers and manufacturers of electronic parts, fraud claims and real estate related disputes.
Ms. Krimsky has been named by the Daily Business Review, an ALM publication, as one of the “Top 20 South Florida Women in Law” and as an “Influential Business Women” by the South Florida Business Journal. In 2010, she was awarded the “Key Partner” award by the South Florida Business Journal who found Ms. Krimsky to be among the best in her field by providing the highest quality of service to her clients while exhibiting the highest levels of professionalism and ethics.
- Represented national telecommunication providers and electronic media companies in connection with contract and performance disputes
- Represented real estate investors and developers in defense of a $12 million claim that also sought additional punitive damages through and after a jury defense verdict in favor of her clients
- Represented commercial and residential landowners in disputes regarding purchase and sale agreements, leases, operation of shopping centers, condominium hotel governance and local government interactions
- Represented marketing service businesses and consumer financial providers in relation to e-commerce and phone sales, including the defense of single plaintiff and class actions under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other regulatory environments
- Represented a manufacturer of automobile related products in defense of a federal nationwide ADA class action, impacting over 1,500 retail outlets and involving a federal consent decree
- Represented online retailers in connection with business disputes with vendors and suppliers
- Represented South Florida companies in connection with business formation and employment matters
- Represented a manufacturer of a pool safety product in a contractual dispute with one its major distributors, including a two-week long arbitration
- Represented a manufacturer in a dispute with a foreign supplier regarding the delivery of a product that was claimed to have not met the requested specifications which include the application of the CISG (United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods)