Recognized since 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
Litigation - Municipal
Litigation - Real Estate
Bernie Ellis has more than 27 years of experience litigating in state and federal courts in South Carolina representing clients in a wide range of breach of contract and business tort cases. He has also been involved in the successful defense of class action and proposed class action cases.
He has considerable experience in employment litigation, particularly in the area of covenants not to compete, and extensive experience defending insurance agencies and agents against errors and omission claims.
He has also successfully represented copyright holders in the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina in enforcing their copyrights and has served as co-counsel in successfully representing the rights of trademark holders.
Bernie is experienced in both mediation and arbitration and is a certified mediator.
- Poinsett Plaza, Suite 700
104 South Main Street
P.O. Box 447
Greenville, SC 29601
- University of Virginia , J.D., graduated 1990
- University of the Southwest, B.A., graduated 1982
- New York, Member
- South Carolina, Member
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow, (2010-present)
- Litigation Counsel of America - Member, Order of Veritas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court – South Carolina
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Municipal
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America (2013-2020)
- Listed, South Carolina Super Lawyers, General Litigation (2015-2018)
- Awarded, Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Named, Legal Elite of the Upstate, Greenville Business Magazine (2014-2015, 2017-2018)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.