Recognized since 2008
Rye Brook, New York
Trusts and Estates
Bernard A. Krooks is a founding partner of the law firm Littman Krooks LLP with offices in New York City, White Plains and Fishkill.
Mr. Krooks is the President of the Special Needs Alliance (www.specialneedsalliance.org), a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting families with special needs planning. Mr. Krooks is past President of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), a Fellow of NAELA, founding member and past president of the NY Chapter of NAELA. He is certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation.Mr. Krooks is past Chair of the Elder Law Section of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) and past Editor-in-Chief of the Elder Law Attorney, the newsletter of the NYSBA Elder Law Section. He is on the Editorial Boards of Exceptional Parent Magazine, Trusts & Estates Magazine, NYU Institute on Federal Taxation and Leimberg Information Services.
Mr. Krooks is a widely quoted expert on elder law, special needs planning and estate planning matters and has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Newsweek, Forbes, Investment News, Financial Times, Money Magazine, among others. He has testified before the United States House of Representatives and the New York City Council on long-term care issues.
Mr. Krooks also is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) and serves on its Elder Law Committee.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.littmankrooks.com/attorneys/bernard-a-krooks/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 800 Westchester Avenue, S-436
Rye Brook, NY 10573
- New York University, graduated 1988
- Hofstra University, LL.B, graduated 1985
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Westchester County -
- NY Chapter of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - Past President
- New York State Bar Association Elder Law Section - Past Chair
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - Past President
- Special Needs Alliance - Past President
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Elder Law, White Plains (2021)
- Trusts and Estates, White Plains (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Elder Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Estate Planning
- Nursing Homes
- Special Needs
- NYSARC Employer of the Year
- NY NAELA Outstanding Service Award
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.