Benoît Servais is a partner in Van Bael & Bellis' Brussels office. He specialises in all aspects of EU and WTO trade law, with a particular emphasis on the areas of anti-dumping and anti-subsidy laws as well as customs law.
He has been involved in most major EU anti-dumping, anti-circumvention and anti-subsidy proceedings since 1992 and has represented clients before the European Commission and the European Courts. He also acts for EU exporters in anti-dumping proceedings initiated by third countries.
He regularly speaks and lectures at trade conferences and seminars.
- Chambers Global and Chambers Europe for Trade Law
- Chambers Europe – ‘Leaders In Their Field’ (International Trade/WTO)
- Expert Guides – Guide to the World’s Leading Trade and Customs Lawyers
- Legal 500 for Customs, Trade, WTO and Anti-dumping
- International Who's Who of Business Lawyers for Trade and Customs Law
College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium – Post-graduate studies in EU law, 1990
University of Liège, Belgium – Law Degree, 1989
Benoît Servais is the main contributor to Van Bael & Bellis’ leading treatise “EU Anti-Dumping and Other Trade Defence Instruments” (fifth edition, Kluwer, 2011), a standard work of reference in the field of EU trade law.