Founder and Partner of Morelli Law Firm, PLLC
Benedict Morelli is one of the most successful and experienced attorneys in the country, specializing in civil litigation. He represents clients in employment discrimination, truck and train accidents, civil rights, complex product and drug liability, auto accidents, labor law, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, and many other types of cases.
With decades of experience and a reputation as a fierce trial lawyer, Benedict Morelli consistently obtains multi-million dollar results for his clients. He has taken on major corporations in the process, such as Bank of America, Aaron's, Inc.,
Prominent settlements include:
- $41 million verdict against the City of New York for a wrongful death case
- $40 million verdict in a medical malpractice case involving the loss of three fingers
- $22.5 million verdict for a polio vaccine case; the largest vaccine verdict in U.S. history and the largest recorded verdict in the Supreme Court of Staten Island
- $95 million verdict in a sexual harassment trial; the largest single-plaintiff sexual harassment verdict ever
- $62 million verdict in a labor law case involving a 20 year old construction worker who fell from a roof and sustained a traumatic brain injury
- Numerous additional prominent settlements that cannot be disclosed due to confidentiality
Benedict Morelli and his firm were recently hired by actor/comedian Tracy Morgan after he was severely injured when his limo was struck by a Wal-Mart truck. A confidential settlement was obtained by Mr. Morelli and his team in just 10 months.
Benedict Morelli has tried every kind of civil case – from a person who tripped and fell over a raised door saddle and broke his hip ($2.6 million – the largest verdict in the country for that injury) to complex medical malpractice cases. He is recognized for his outstanding results in court, and since beginning his career considers himself first and foremost a trial lawyer.
Benedict Morelli teaches and lectures across the country to lawyers,
He regularly appears as an expert on prominent shows and networks, including The Today Show, Good Morning America, CNN, and Court TV. For two seasons, he was a regular on the nationally syndicated television show “Power of Attorney.”
Benedict Morelli is a past President of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and has been a member and governor of the American Association for Justice, member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, advocate rank in the American Board of Trial Advocates, member of the New York State Bar Association, American Bar Association, New York County Lawyer’s Association, National Employment Lawyers Association, and past president of the Brooklyn-Manhattan Trial Lawyers Association.
He is admitted to the United States Supreme Court and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Western, and Northern districts of New York.
Other Professional Accomplishments Include:
- Best Lawyers in America continuously from 1995 through the present edition
- Selected by the New York State Trial Lawyers Association as one of New York’s “Superstars”
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by New York Magazine multiple years
- Selected by the National Trial Lawyers as a member of the Round Table of America’s 50 Most Influential Trial Lawyers for 2016
- National Law Journal’s list of Top 50 Elite Trial Lawyers in 2015