Recognized since 2019
Land Use and Zoning Law
Ben has been active behind the scenes for more than 15 years helping to transform Miami neighborhoods by representing landowners, institutional clients and developers on land use and zoning matters. His practice covers local and state real estate permitting and licensing, including zoning approvals, amendments of local comprehensive plans, due diligence reviews, concurrency, vested rights and environmental matters.
Prior to joining the firm, where he became a name partner in 2007, Ben practiced land use and zoning law with the Miami office of Stroock & Stroock & Lavan and with Ferrel Cardenas & Fertel. He began his legal career as a litigator with Cassiday Schade & Gloor in Chicago.
Ben has been a member of the Metropolitan Dade County Environmental Advisory Task Force and together with law firm partner Jeffrey Bercow, contributed to the American Bar Association’s Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law National Newsletter for the Eleventh Circuit on land use law issues. In 2009, he was also appointed to the City of Miami Housing and Commercial Loan Committee by the City Commission.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://brzoninglaw.com/attorney/ben-j-fernandez/
- Southeast Financial Center, Suite 300
200 South Biscayne Boulevard
Miami, FL 33131
- Marquette University, J.D., graduated 1989
- University of Florida, B.A., graduated 1986
- Metropolitan Dade County Environmental Advisory Task Force - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- The Best Lawyers in America® Land Use and ZoningBV® Distinguished Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- BV® Distinguished Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.