Barry is a Director in the Construction/Surety section of Coats Rose in the Clear Lake office. For ten years prior to practicing law, Barry was the Vice President and General Manager of three industrial construction firms involved in the Gulf Coast petrochemical industry, with projects ranging from painting, lead and asbestos abatement, insulation and tank repair.
Barry has received an “AV” Peer Review rating by Martindale-Hubbell and was recognized by Texas Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers in construction litigation for 2007 through 2012. Barry served on the Texas Bar Construction Law faculty for 2009 through 2011 and has presented seminars at the annual Texas Construction Law Conference, National Association of Credit Managers, American General Contractors Association, Associated Builders and Contractors, and other client groups with topics ranging from delay claims, lien laws, suretyship to insurance issues.
Barry’s practice includes representation of owners, sureties, general contractors and subcontractors in construction litigation, arbitration, construction arbitration, document preparation, investigation and administration of construction contracts and contract defaults, as well as general commercial litigation. Barry has been involved in the mediation, arbitration and trial of numerous matters involving both private and governmental entities. Barry also maintains a general Family Law practice in the Courts of Harris, Galveston, Fort Bend and Montgomery Counties.
- “Texas Bonds & Lien” multiple presentations to numerous groups, 2000 to present
- “Advance Lien and Payment Issues” multiple presentations, 2008 to present
- “You Want Us to Bond What? An Overview of “New” Delivery Methods and Special Issues Facing the Surety” presented at the Southern Surety & Fidelity Conference, 2013
- “Certificate of Insurance – What They are, Why They are Needed and Legal Implications” presented at Associated General Contractors, 2012
- “Attorney Fees Winners and Losers: How Prevailing Party Law and Offers of Judgment Impact Recovery presented at the Southern Surety & Fidelity Conference, 2011
- “Scheduling: Trying a Case” presented at the 24th Annual Construction Law Conference, March 2011
- “Consultants: Are Your Secrets Safe with Them” presented at the Southern Surety & Fidelity Conference, 2010
- “Meeting Minutes Requirements and Use” presented to the Houston Independent School District, Spring, 2010
- The Basic Course in Texas Construction Law. Lecturer, 2007 State Bar of Texas Construction Law Section