Barry N. Covert focuses his practice primarily in the following areas:
- New York State and federal criminal trials and appeals
- Constitutional law, including First Amendment, Second Amendment, and civil rights actions
- Qui Tam Act, also known as the False Claims Act
- Defending against allegations of scientific misconduct, scientific fraud, research misconduct, research fraud, plagiarism, and fabrication of evidence
- Defense of professional licensing, including for attorneys, doctors, and nurses
- Title IX issues
Mr. Covert has represented numerous professional clients relating to licensing issues and defended a prominent research scientist against allegations of scientific fraud and misconduct involving several federally funded research projects involving the Office of Research Integrity (ORI). Mr. Covert is currently handling scientific misconduct cases at numerous prominent universities throughout North America.
He is fluent in German.