Recognized since 2005
Greensboro, North Carolina
Real Estate Law
Barbara Christy’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions. She assists clients in all aspects of the acquisition and disposition of commercial real property, including preparation of contracts, due diligence, review and negotiation of loan documents, examination of title, 1031 exchange issues and closing. Ms. Christy has extensive experience with multi-family and shopping center properties, but has closed virtually every type of commercial property, including undeveloped lots, office buildings and senior living facilities. In connection with these transactions, she has represented borrowers in obtaining a wide variety of financing, including conventional, securitized, mezzanine and Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae loans.
Ms. Christy has negotiated and prepared organizational documents for partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures, special purpose entities, real estate funds and other types of ownership entities.
In addition to her transactional practice, Ms. Christy reviews and prepares commercial leases for both tenants and landlords, assists clients with resolution of title issues and has represented developers in connection with planned unit, condominium and mixed-use communities.
Ms. Christy and her family live on a small farm in the Snow Camp community where they raise beef cattle, honey bees and fruit trees. She is very involved with Saxapahaw United Methodist Church where she has been the long-time church pianist.
A selection of matters Ms. Christy has managed:
- Acted as local NC counsel for acquisition of industrial portfolio including rendering of NC legal opinion for $750 million loan.
- Represented client in organization of real estate investment fund and acquisition of apartment properties throughout the United States.
- Represented developer of medical office buildings in several transactions involving ground lease, purchase lease-back and related arrangements. Organized owning entities and closed acquisition funding.
- 1000 Renaissance Plaza, 230 North Elm Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., graduated 1983
- Appalachian State University, B.S., magna cum laude, graduated 1980
- Legal Aid of North Carolina - Lawyer on the Line, Volunteer
- North Carolina State Bar - Vice President
- North Carolina State Board of Legal Specialization - Board Certified Specialist in Real Property Law
- Southern Alamance Family Empowerment, Inc. - Member Board of Directors
- UNC Law Foundation, Inc. - Past Member of the Board of Directors
- Real Estate Law, Greensboro (2017)
- Real Estate Law, Greensboro (2015)
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Certiorari
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.