Recognized since 2010
San Francisco, California
Land Use and Zoning Law
Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
Barbara advises and represents private developers and local agencies processing environmental impact reports and studies, negative declarations, environmental assessments, requests for annexation, general plan amendments, specific plans, rezoning applications, use permits, development agreements, subdivisions, initiatives, referenda, and other approvals. She has appeared before numerous boards, city councils, and other public agencies and practices in both the trial courts and courts of appeal.
She is the author of the CEQA chapter of Curtin’s California Land Use and Planning Law. She also teaches and lectures on CEQA and NEPA compliance and litigation issues for a variety of organizations. Barbara co-chairs a two-day NEPA conference for CLE International presented annually in California. Her recent presentations and papers include an analysis of judicial decisions and regulatory requirements pertaining to climate change effects under NEPA. Barbara’s recent engagements include representing Renewable Resources Group in CEQA compliance and securing use permits for a 650 MW photovoltaic solar facility, representing Stanford University, Stanford Hospital and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital in securing land use approvals for major campus and hospital expansion projects in Santa Clara County and Redwood City; representing the Port of Stockton as special counsel in litigation challenging the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) prepared for reuse of a 1,500-acre former Navy facility as expanded port maritime and industrial facilities; representing Eagle Marine Services in securing approvals for expansion of its shipping terminal at the Port of Los Angeles; and representing Contra Costa Water District in expansion of the Los Vaqueros Reservoir.
Contact & Links
- 505 Howard Street, Suite 1000
San Francisco, CA 94105-3204
- California, The State Bar of California
- Contra Costa County Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Land Use and Zoning Law, San Francisco (2021)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, San Francisco (2018)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, San Francisco (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Listed in Legal 500, as a "Leading Lawyer, Environment: Transaction and Regulatory," 2011
- Listed in Super Lawyers, Northern California, 2004 - 2013
- Ranked by Chambers USA as "America's Leading Environment Lawyers" and "America's Leading Real Estate Lawyers," 2013 - present
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.