Lugenbuhl, Wheaton, Peck, Rankin & Hubbard
Recognized since 2019
New Orleans, Louisiana
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Real Estate
Ashley advises businesses, financial institutions, and individuals concerning bankruptcies, class actions, contracts, construction, environmental issues, fidelity, surety and financial institution bonds, insurance, professional malpractice, real estate, corporate, and estate matters. She also mediates and arbitrates business disputes. Ashley currently serves as a member of the AAA Construction Panel, AAA Commercial Panel and FINRA Panel as an arbitrator and mediator. After Hurricane Katrina, she served as a member of the Panel of Mediators for the Louisiana Department of Insurance Hurricane Mediation Program Administered by American Arbitration Association (AAA) mediating over 350 hurricane wind damage disputes between homeowners and insurance companies.
A former entrepreneur, Ashley works with business owners and entrepreneurs assisting them with every aspect of the business from inception through growth and development to, when necessary, dissolution. She assists her clients in obtaining financing, provides on-going business advice, represents clients during litigation, and counsels them through the dissolution of the business. Ashley also consults with individuals on how to protect their personal assets through estate and trust vehicles. Ashley knows how a business operates from the inside out, having been a business owner since 1988. Her ability reputation as a trustworthy business partner for her clients was recognized by the New Orleans Federal Bar Association when they presented her with the Jack Martzell Professionalism Award.
Included in Best Lawyers' “Women in the Law” business edition for the second year in a row alongside her recognition by Best Lawyers since 2019, Ashley also carries the title as one of the Top 25 Women Louisiana Super Lawyers since 2018 and a Louisiana Super Lawyer in the area of Business Litigation. She has been recognized by Chambers and Partners USA in its Commercial Litigation category and is listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers Inaugural Edition. She has been recognized for her accomplishments by New Orleans CityBusiness which named her to the 2020 and 2016 Classes of Leadership in Law and, 2021 and 2012 Classes of Women of the Year. Ashley serves on the Board of Directors of the law firm, Lugenbuhl, Wheaton, Peck, Rankin & Hubbard, in its New Orleans office.
Ashley's passion for her professional community runs deep. Ashley has served multiple roles in bar associations both on the local and national level. Currently, she serves as President for the American Counsel Association, President-Elect for the Foundation of the Federal Bar Association, a Vice-Chair of the ABA Fidelity and Surety Law Committee and the FBA Delegate to the American Bar Association. She is also proud to have served in 2010-2011 as the National President of the Federal Bar Association.
A native of Mobile, Alabama, Ashley received her B.A. from Newcomb College and her J.D. from Tulane University School of Law. Upon graduating from Tulane University School of Law, she clerked in the Eastern District of Louisiana for the late Judge Henry A. Mentz, Jr. and was awarded the Eastern District of Louisiana Distinguished Service Award.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.lawla.com/attorneys/ashley-belleau/
- Pan-American Life Center, Suite 2775
601 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
- Tulane University, Juris Doctorate, graduated 1984
- Tulane University, B.A., graduated 1980
- United States, Supreme Court
- United States, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Louisiana, All Louisiana State Courts
- Texas, All Texas State Courts
- Wisconsin, All Wisconsin State Courts
- American Counsel Association - President 2022-2023, President-Elect, 2021-2022, Secretary-Treasurer, 2020-2021
- Foundation of the Federal Bar Association - President-Elect 2022-2023, Life Fellow, 2002-present
- American Bar Association - Life Fellow, 2007-present
- American Bar Association - Vice-Chair, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- American Inns of Court - Life Barrister, 1987-present
- Federal Bar Association - National Delegate to the ABA House of Delegates
- Federal Bar Association - National President, 2010-2011
- Federal Bar Building Corporation - Director, 2012-2018
- Louisiana Bar Foundation - Fellow, 1989-present
- Louisiana State Bar Association - House of Delegates, 1997-2016
20 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
6 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Real Estate
- The Honorable Henry A. Mentz, Jr. (deceased); United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana Distinguished Service Award, Judicial Law Clerk and Extern, 1983-1986
- Louisiana Super Lawyers--Business Litigation, 2007-2013, 2015-2022
- Fellowship in Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society, 2012
- Top Rated Lawyers® Guide to Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2012
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Top 25 Women 2018-2022
- Recognised Practitioner by Chambers and Partners USA in its Commercial Litigation category
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers, 2011 Inaugural Edition and subsequent editions
- New Orleans CityBusiness 'Women of the Year' Classes 2012 & 2021
- New Orleans CityBusiness 'Leadership in Law' Classes 2016 & 2020
- New Orleans Magazine’s Top Lawyers in New Orleans, 2013-2015 & 2019
- Banking and Finance Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Commercial Finance Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Trusts and Estates
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.