Recognized since 2016
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Labor Law - Union
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Attorney Anthony Stites represents business entities in all facets of their employment matters. On a daily basis, he works with human resource personnel and in-house counsel to prevent or solve problems in the employment arena. Clients that he works regularly include Ashley Industrial Molding, New Millennium Building Systems, Micropulse, Steel Dynamics Inc., OmniSource Corp., and Colwell General Inc.
With an emphasis in the transportation and manufacturing sectors, Anthony has presented hundreds of supervisor training sessions throughout the U.S. He has extensive experience in strike activity and trial experience defending employers in all areas of employment matters. Anthony is also a mediator for alternate dispute resolution.
Selected representative matters include representing a regional corporation in the termination of their president, taking an attorney fee award against the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), defending the drug testing policy of a company through a federal jury trial, and representing numerous manufacturing facilities during downsizing negotiations with unions. He has partnered with clients throughout Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, and Michigan to handle union election campaigns and decertification elections in Ohio and Indiana.
Anthony is an AV® Preeminent™rated attorney based on Martindale-Hubbell's peer review ratings, has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers in America® ten times and has been selected for inclusion since 2016 in the Best Lawyers® in America publication. Best Lawyers in America® recognized him "Lawyer of the Year," Fort Wayne in 2017 and 2018 in the area of Employment Law - Management, and in 2020 in the area of Litigation- Labor and Employment. He has presented over 150 speeches and/or seminars locally and nationwide. He is a member of the Allen County (Indiana) and Ohio Bar associations, as well as the Indiana State Bar Association where he is an officer of the Labor, Employment & Benefit Law Section. A Fellow in the Indiana Bar Foundation, Anthony is a member of their board of directors and the Pro Bono Commission. In the community, he is a board member of the YWCA and Blue Jacket Inc. and a member of the American Inns of Court and Fort Wayne Mad Anthonys Inc. He was selected a Paul Harris Fellow for his lifetime contributions to the Fort Wayne not-for-profit sector and Notre Dame Club of Fort Wayne's 2015 "Person of the Year".
After receiving his B.B.A, Finance, in 1985 from University of Toledo, Anthony earned his J.D. in 1988 from the University of Notre Dame. He is admitted to practice before Indiana state courts, Ohio state courts, U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
* AV® Preeminent™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.barrettlaw.com/our-people/anthony-m-stites
- 215 East Berry Street
P.O. Box 2263
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- University of Notre Dame, J.D., graduated 1988
- University of Toledo, B.B.A., graduated 1985
- Indiana, 1988
- Ohio, 1989
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Employment Law - Management, Fort Wayne (2024)
- Labor Law - Management, Fort Wayne (2023)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Fort Wayne (2023)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Fort Wayne (2020)
- Labor Law - Management, Fort Wayne (2018)
- Employment Law - Management, Fort Wayne (2017)
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Labor Law - Union
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.