Annie J. Francoeur has eight years of experience in a large law firm and more than twelve years of experience as in-house counsel, in commercial law, intellectual property, technology, and entertainment and media law. She has developed a solid expertise in these fields and in risk assessment associated with the activities of a company and its business reality, including:
- Negotiation and drafting of various agreements in intellectual property and technology, such as audio or audiovisual content use licenses with producers, publishers and collective management organizations, software use licences (incl. SAAS agreements), IT services agreements (e.g. development of applications) and trademark license agreements.
- Negotiation and drafting of various agreements of a commercial nature, such as distribution agreements, services agreements, partnership agreements and procurement agreements.
- Risk assessment regarding decisions made or contemplated by a company’s executive committee.
- Development of strategy or approach to negotiate complex agreements.
- Management of proceedings before the Copyright Board and other regulatory affairs.
- Management of litigation matters as well as trademarks and patents portfolios.