“I am compelled by family law because on every level, it is about people’s lives. The most important thing a family law attorney can do is to know the client’s story. I am devoted to understanding your history, current priorities, and future goals, so that I can strategically advocate for you at this trying time in your life.”
Empowering my clients is paramount. My goal is to ensure you know the process, the laws, and how they apply to your circumstances, so you can make informed decisions for your future.
As a law clerk in Hennepin County Family Court, I gained the invaluable perspective of having seen thousands of cases from the Court’s point of view. I understand how judges consider cases, what is useful to them, and what arguments will be most effective. These insights give my clients an advantage in and out of the courtroom. I highly encourage the use of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), but if settlement is not possible, I will zealously advocate for clients at trial.
I represent individuals in the following areas:
- custody and parenting time
- child support
- spousal maintenance
- complex property division
I will work with you to gather and analyze all of the relevant facts, so you have a complete financial picture, realistic expectations, and a comprehensive plan. To alleviate the mystery of the process, I will provide you with a written outline. You can expect peace of mind with an advocate who knows your situation inside and out, stands up for you, and guides you through this time of transition.
See my full bio here.
- 225 South Sixth Street, Suite 1600
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D., graduated 2012
- The University of South Dakota, B.A., graduated 2009
- Minnesota, Minnesota
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Family Law Section - Co-Chair, 2019 – Present, Executive Committee Member, 2015 – Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association - Family Law Section
- Volunteer Lawyers Network - Board of Directors: External Affairs Committee and Family Law Committee, 2017 – Present
- Family Law
- 2020 Up & Coming Attorney Honoree, Minnesota Lawyer
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® Edition, 2017-2021
- North Star Lawyer, Honored by Minnesota State Bar Association for commitment to pro bono service, 2019-2020
- Graduate of the Civil Litigation Concentration and Family Law Program at SUNY Buffalo Law School, 2012
- Editor in Chief of The Buffalo Journal of Gender, Law & Social Policy, 2011-2012
- State University of New York, National Association of Women Lawyers Award Recipient, 2012
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.