Recognized since 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Litigation - Construction
Ms. Smith is the head of Schmoyer Reinhard's business and construction litigation group. Since 1985, Ms. Smith has represented clients in a variety of industries from trial through appeal. She has extensive experience in business litigation including:
- Contract disputes
- Trade secret litigation
- Bankruptcy litigation
- Title insurance defense
Ms. Smith also has experience in construction litigation involving issues ranging from lien disputes and condemnation to construction defect claims. Her practice focuses on the representation of:
- General contractors
In addition, Ms. Smith has experience in labor and employment litigation. She counsels clients and has tried cases involving the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), workers' compensation retaliation, employment contracts, Title VII, and breach of covenants not to compete. Also, Ms. Smith has substantial experience in personal injury cases for non-subscribers to workers' compensation insurance and arbitrations of union grievances.
Ms. Smith served as a briefing attorney for the Honorable Blair Reeves, Fourth District Court of Appeals for the State of Texas.
- Lawyer Page: https://sr-llp.com/attorneys/annalyn-g-smith/
- 8000 IH 10 West, Suite 1600
San Antonio, TX 78230
- The University of Texas, J.D., graduated 1984
- The University of Texas, BA, graduated 1972
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Litigation Section - San Antonio Bar Association from 2005-2006 - Chair
- San Antonio Bar Association from 2009-2011 - Director
- Trustee, San Antonio Bar Foundation from 2004 to 2011, Secretary from 2008-2009, Treasurer from 2009-2010 and Vice Chair for 2010-2011 - Trustee
- Litigation - Construction, San Antonio (2021)
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Construction
- Named the recipient of the Lee Cusenbary Ethical Life Award by the South/Central Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) in 2018.
- Named by The Best Lawyers in America© (Woodward/White, Inc.) as the 2021 San Antonio -Construction - Litigation Lawyer of the Year.
- Named an Outstanding Lawyer by the San Antonio Business Journal in 2016.
- Named by peers for inclusion in the 2010-2023 editions of The Best Lawyers in America®
- Named as one of San Antonio’s outstanding women lawyers by Scene in S.A. in 2021 - 2022.
- Named by San Antonio Magazine as a Top Construction Attorney in 2020 - 2021.
- Named one of San Antonio’s best business litigation lawyers by Scene in S.A. from 2011 to 2022.
- Named by peers as a Thomson Reuters Texas "Super Lawyer" in 2005 and 2011-2021.
- Selected as a Top Rated Lawyer in Construction Law by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell in 2013.
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.