Recognized since 2008
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Real Estate Law
Ms. Waeger’s practice encompasses the purchase, sale and leasing of industrial and commercial real estate, the formation of business entities and the financing of industrial and commercial real property and business assets. She has a special focus on environmental issues in the transactional setting, including leases and agreements of sale, and the use of environmental insurance policies as a risk management tool.
Ms. Waeger handles the oversight and negotiation of environmental insurance claims and the review, analysis, and negotiation of environmental insurance policies, and has played a prominent role in the negotiation and settlement of numerous insurance claims involving cost-recovery for investigative and remedial activities. She has successfully negotiated environmental insurance policies for use by clients, both in connection with the sale and redevelopment of contaminated properties and brownfields, and in connection with overall risk management programs.
Ms. Waeger’s clients include leading real estate developers, property and business owners, landlords, tenants, manufacturers, lenders, and REITS. She writes and lectures extensively on environmental insurance issues. She has been on the faculty of the ALI CLE national course of study, “The Impact of Environmental Law on Real Estate and Business Transactions: Brownfields and Beyond” since 1995.
Contact & Links
- Metro Corporate Campus One
99 Wood Avenue South
P.O. Box 5600
Woodbridge, NJ 07095
- Fordham University, J.D., graduated 1983
- State University of New York at Oneonta, B.S., graduated 1974
- New Jersey, NJ - 1984
- New York, NY - 1984
- American Bar Association - Member, Section of Business Law
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers - Fellow; Board of Governors; Communications Commitee, Chair (2022); Program Committee (Vice-Chair of Programming for 2014 and 2015 Mid-Year meetings); Member Development Committee
- CREW-NJ - Member; Past President; Past Director
- New York State Bar Association - Member, Environmental Law Section; Environmental Insurance Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association - Emeritus Director and Past Chair, Business Law Section
- CREW Network - Member; Professional Mentor, Leadership Certificate Program (2018, 2016, 2014); Recognition Committee (2018, 2016); Inductee, CREW Network Foundation Women of Vision Program (2016); Chapter Resources Task Force (2015 - 2016); Recognition Committee (2016);
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Environmental Law, Woodbridge (2020)
- Environmental Law, Woodbridge (2017)
- Real Estate Law, Woodbridge (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Real Estate Law
- Recipient of the 2018 Hall of Fame Award from the New Jersey Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW NJ)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.