Recognized since 2011
Litigation - Insurance
Angela R. Elbert counsels clients on complex risk management and insurance issues and helps them obtain the maximum recovery possible when claims arise. She focuses her practice on advising entities and boards of directors on a wide variety of risk management issues, including indemnification agreements, negotiating insurance with the most favorable terms available in the marketplace, financial insolvency concerns and insurance aspects of corporate transactions and other business contracts.
She has significant experience in handling complex insurance coverage litigation, other commercial litigation, mediations and arbitrations, with an emphasis on representing policyholders in insurance coverage disputes nationwide involving virtually every line of insurance.
Angela’s clients and peers describe her as “fantastic” and a “leading light” whose “breadth of knowledge is matched only by her commendable work ethic.” Further, she is noted to be “a very tough litigator, but reasonable at the same time. She works hard to find solutions to problems and is very knowledgeable in this area.” (Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business). Additionally, in 2013, Illinois Super Lawyers named her a Top 10 Super Lawyer, and she appeared on the magazine’s cover in 2014.
- Two North LaSalle Street, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60602-3801
- Hanover College, BA, graduated 1993
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar
- American Bar Association, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee - Co-chair, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee
- American College of Coverage & Extracontractual Counsel - Fellow
- Art Institute of Chicago Auxiliary Board - Board Member
- Chicago Bar Association - Chair, Insurance Committee (2009-2010)
- Coalition of Women’s Initiative in Law Firms - Member
- Step Up Women’s Network - Member
- Insurance Law, Chicago (2022)
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Insurance
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business recommended in “Insurance: Coverage Litigation,” 2008-2011 editions and in “Insurance: Dispute Resolution,” since 2012
- Named among "Women to Watch" by Business Insurance, 2013
- “2015 Woman of Influence” (named by the Chicago Business Journal)
- ??“Daily Point of Light Award” (awarded by Points of Light), October 23, 2014
- The International Who's Who of Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers 2013 & Who's Who of Business Lawyers, 2014
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review AV Peer Review Rated
- Commercial Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.