Recognized since 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
Angela Farag Craddock is a partner at Young Moore, focusing her practice on helping businesses and institutional clients navigate state administrative litigation and appeals.
Angela represents employers and insurance companies in all stages of litigation before the North Carolina Industrial Commission and North Carolina appellate courts. Her practice includes assisting clients with complex workers’ compensation matters, risk management policies, medical cost containment strategies, and in directing care toward evidence-based solutions. Through this work she has developed a particular interest in policies addressing the opioid epidemic, the growing adoption of medical marijuana laws across the country, and legal developments related to the treatment of addiction. She is also a current member of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Section Council, serves as its CLE Committee Chair, and has been selected by her peers for inclusion among North Carolina Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars list in workers’ compensation practice for 2014-2018.
Angela has also developed a burgeoning appellate practice across several areas of civil, administrative, and regulatory practice, and leads the firm’s appellate practice team. Because of her expertise, trial counsel routinely enlist Angela’s services whether by taking over the handling and disposition of the entire matter on appeal, or by consulting and collaborating on appellate strategy, briefing, and preparing oral arguments. As part of her appellate practice, Angela serves on the Appellate Rules Committee of the North Carolina Bar Association, and is frequently called upon to prepare amicus curiae briefs for industry groups in important cases passing through our appellate courts. Angela is a recipient of the Westfield Golden Gavel Award in recognition of her outstanding achievement in appellate advocacy, and has an AV-Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Angela lives in Wake Forest with her husband, Tyler, and their awesome miniature schnauzer called Sookie. In her spare time she is a passionate Tar Heel fan, a country music enthusiast, and enjoys songwriting, guitar, and film.
Contact & Links
- 3101 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200
P.O. Box 31627
Raleigh, NC 27622-1627
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill , J.D., graduated 2004
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., graduated 2001
- North Carolina, North Carolina
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys - Member
- North Carolina Bar Association - 2018 Workers’ Compensation Section Annual Meeting and CLE, Co-Planner
- North Carolina Bar Association - Appellate Rules Committee (2017 - present)
- North Carolina Bar Association - Workers' Compensation Section CLE Committee Chair (2017-2018)
- North Carolina Bar Association - Workers' Compensation Section Council (2016-2019)
- Tenth Judicial District Bar - Member
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
- Insurance Law
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© in Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers (2019, 2020)
- Listed in North Carolina Super Lawyers® 2014-2018 as a “Rising Star,” a category for attorneys age 40 and younger, consisting of no more than 2.5% of North Carolina Attorneys.
- Recipient of the Westfield Insurance Group Golden Gavel Award, 2013
- AV-Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Barker v. Hatteras Island Cottage RepairBarker v. Hatteras Island Cottage Repair, 247 N.C. App. 245 (2016)
Johnson v. GoodenJohnson v. Gooden, 791 S.E.2d 283 (2016)
Winkler v, State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors,Winkler v, State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors, __ N.C. App. __, 790 S.E.2d 727 (2016)
Whicker v. Compass Group USAWhicker v. Compass Group USA, Inc., __ N.C. App. __, 784 S.E.2d 564, discretionary review denied, 369 N.C. 69, 793 S.E.2d 228 (2016)
Norton v. Scotland Memorial Hospital, Inc.Norton v. Scotland Memorial Hospital, Inc., __ N.C. App. __, 793 S.E.2d 703 (2016)
Wilkes v. City of Greenville, __ N.C. __Wilkes v. City of Greenville, __ N.C. __, 799 S.E.2d 838 (2017)(appearing for amicus curiae)
Fagundes v. Ammons Development Group, Inc.Fagundes v. Ammons Development Group, Inc., 370 N.C. 66, 803 S.E.2d 626 (2017)
Discovery Insurance Company v. North Carolina Department of Insurance and North Carolina Reinsurance FacilityDiscovery Insurance Company v. North Carolina Department of Insurance and North Carolina Reinsurance Facility, __ N.C. App. __, 870 S.E.2d 582 (2017)
North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company, Inc. v. LilleyNorth Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company, Inc. v. Lilley, 808 S.E.2d 925, discretionary review denied, 817 S.E.2d 204 (2018).
Winkler v. North Carolina State Board of Plumbing Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors (II)Winkler v. North Carolina State Board of Plumbing Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors (II), — N.C. App. __, 819 S.E.2d 105 (2018).
Davis v. RizzoDavis v. Rizzo, __ N.C. App. __, 819 S.E.2d 574 (2018).
Woodard v. Goodyear Tire and Rubber CompanyWoodard v. Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, 825 S.E.2d 705 (2019).
North Carolina Reinsurance Facility v. Causey and Allstate Indemnity CompanyNorth Carolina Reinsurance Facility v. Causey and Allstate Indemnity Company, __ N.C. App. __, __ S.E.2d __ (2019).
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.