- Dartmouth College, BA
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D.
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- Dartmouth Lawyers Association - Member
- Health Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization - Board Certified
- Presbyterian Communities & Services, Chairman of the Board of Directors - Board of Directors
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Health Law, Exam Commission - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Health Care Law
- Presented with the 2010 Texas Association of Homes and Services for the Aging Board Leadership Award.
- Selected for "Who's Who in Healthcare" by the Dallas Business Journal, (American City Business Journals) 2012.
- AV Preeminent® rated (the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating designation)
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine, 2005-2015.
Areas of Expertise:
- Joint Ventures
- Long-Term Care
- Practice Acquisition
- Representation of physician/hospital partnerships in the acquisition of ambulatory surgery centers.
- Obtain favorable advisory opinion that a specialty hospital was considered "under development" for purposes of the moratorium affecting the "whole hospital exception" to the Stark Law.
- Representation of underwriters in tax exempt financings and taxable credit enhanced bonds.
- Representation of physician partnerships in the development and operation of ambulatory surgery centers and diagnostic imaging centers.
- Organization and representation of managed care organizations.
- Structuring and representing a health care group purchasing organization composed of approximately 35 employers (representation including a request for a Business Review Letter from the Department of Justice regarding the antitrust issues).
- Ongoing representation of health care providers in medical staff issues, peer review hearings, physician licensing, HIPAA, delivery of patient care, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, fraud and abuse, hearings before the Texas Board of Medical Examiners and other licensing Boards.
- Mediator - American Health Lawyers Association.