Recognized since 2007
Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
Andy Goldstein is a Partner in the Corporate Practice Group.
Andy focuses his practice in the area of Intellectual Property and Information Technology. He has extensive experience in the areas of intellectual property law, including trademark, trade dress and copyright law; internet, website, cloud computing, technology, outsourcing and computer law in general; advertising, marketing, and promotion law; and entertainment law, including video production, theater and dance-related matters.
The Chambers-USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers, calls Andy a “business law expert,” and adds that "He is smart and versatile, with broad expertise and an extremely fast turnaround time."
Andy has over thirty years of experience counseling clients in the areas of intellectual property and information technology law and he has handled matters including: representing a consortium of Big Ten and other major university libraries in connection with the "Google Books" copyright case; negotiating landmark deals, such as telecommunications outsourcing contracts for AT&T and first-time software licenses with IBM; representing a major university at the dawn of the World Wide Web, when developers left the University to form a company offering the first web browser; assisting clients in developing website terms and conditions and privacy policies; and, representing one of the leading legal and accounting information publishers in connection with cases involving the unauthorized downloading of its proprietary online database and copying of the design of its new online customer interface application.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.sgrlaw.com/attorneys/goldstein-andrew/
- 311 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 3000
Chicago, IL 60606
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, BS
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, J.D.
- Illinois, United States
- Copyright Law, Chicago (2019)
- Copyright Law, Chicago (2017)
- Copyright Law, Chicago (2015)
- Copyright Law
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
- Illinois Super Lawyers (cited in multiple years)
- Leading Lawyers - Advertising & Media; Arts, Entertainment & Sports Law; Computer & Technology Law; Intellectual Property Law
- Chicago's Best Lawyers - Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law - 2013
- American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell - Top Rated Lawyers in Technology - 2013
- Who's Who Legal: Illinois (cited in multiple years)
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Outstanding Volunteer Sevice Award (Inaugural Award)
- Publicity Club of Chicago - Distinguished Service Award (cited in multiple years)
- Martindale-Hubbell legal ability/ethical standards rating ("A-V") - highest possible rating
- Listed in WTR 100 - The World's Leading Trademark Professionals
- Best Lawyers in America - Entertainment Law - 2017 (cited in multiple years)
- Best Lawyers - Copyright Lawyer of the Year - Chicago, 2015, 2017 and 2019
- Thomas R. Leavens Award from Lawyers for the Creative Arts for lifetime contributions to law and the arts in Chicago
- Chambers-USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Media and Entertainment Law - 2016 - 2019 (cited in multiple years)
- Advertising Law
- IT Outsourcing Law
- Technology Law
- Trademark Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.