Andrew has more than 20 years' experience in the construction and engineering matters, both in Australia and in the United Kingdom, and advises principals, contractors, sub-contractors, engineers, architects and other consultants.
Andrew leads a pre-eminent Construction team in Queensland consisting of 12 construction lawyers regarded as leading advisers to the industry, particularly in relation to the adjudication process under the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 (QLD). The team was rated in the top 4 in Queensland with respect to construction disputes by Doyle’s Guide 2014 – 2020.
Andrew has significant recent experience, both transactional and dispute work, on a diverse range of complicated projects across Queensland and Australia, including:
- Gold Coast Light Rail – Stages 1 and 2
- LNG projects in Queensland – Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) Project, Australian Pacific LNG Project and Gladstone LNG Project
- Roy Hill Expansion Project
- Wheatstone Project
- Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal Project
- Gateway Duplication Project
- Clem 7 Project
- Lane Cove Tunnel Project
- Airport Link Project
- Go Between Bridge Project
- Gorgon Project
- Abbot Point Coal Terminal Expansion Project
- Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal Expansion Project
- NCIG Port Expansion Project, Newcastle
- Brisbane International Airport Expansion Project
Recent experience includes:
- Acted in a significant Queensland Supreme Court litigation in relation to a complicated civil works dispute, the longest running trial heard in the Supreme Court in 2016.
- Advised on ICC arbitrations involving international parties on LNG projects, Gladstone.
- Acted on large infrastructure related adjudications under Security of Payment legislation ranging from A$1 million to $80 million in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Northern Territory, and Western Australia.
- Advised on significant contract drafting and documentation work including Central Queensland coal project, Broken Hill nickel plant, LNG related projects, road rehabilitation projects, water and pipeline projects, and office and residential developments.