Recognized since 2022
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Andrew Janet joined Janet, Janet & Suggs, LLC after serving as an associate attorney in the litigation department of Cleary Gottlieb, a preeminent international law firm. He practiced at Cleary’s headquarters in New York and worked on high-profile corporate litigation and investigations where billions of dollars were at stake.
At JJS, his practice focuses on representing victims of negligence and other wrongful conduct in sexual abuse cases, high-stakes medical malpractice suits, environmental litigation, and other professional negligence cases, including on an individual case basis and in a class action setting.
Andrew is the Co-Chair of JJS’s Sexual Abuse Division. He has been actively involved in representing the firm’s clients’ interests, including:
- Representing survivors of sexual abuse against priests, as well as the churches, dioceses, bishops, and orphanages that enabled the abuse and kept it a secret, both in litigation and compensation fund claims.
- Taking a lead role in advocating for hundreds of sexual abuse survivors in litigation against University of Southern California regarding allegations of sexual misconduct by its former gynecologist, Dr. George Tyndall.
- Collaborating on litigation strategy, researching a variety of issues, and reviewing and managing intakes for sexual abuse victims.
Andrew's efforts on behalf of 139 plaintiffs who brought litigation against the University of Southern California related to sexual abuse, assault, and harassment by Dr. George Tyndall helped effectuate a $852 million resolution with USC. This settlement was the largest known recovery in a sexual abuse case in U.S. history, as well as the largest known personal injury settlement against a university.
Andrew spoke about the firm’s efforts in the area of sexual abuse litigation in a talk at the 2018 South Carolina Association for Justice Advanced Trial Lawyer College.
Andrew also has a special interest in cases involving fraudulent business practices, having gained experience in that area through his work involving litigation over the fraud committed by Bernard Madoff.
- Direct Phone Number: 410-653-3200
- Phone Number: 410-653-3200
- Lawyer Page: https://www.jjsjustice.com/who-we-are/attorneys/andrew-s-janet/
- Four Reservoir Circle, Suite 200
Baltimore, MD 21208-7301
- New York University
- Maryland, 2018
- New York, 2015
- Minnesota, 2020
- Pennsylvania, 2022
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
The National Trial Lawyers - Environmental Top 10
The National Trial Lawyers - Top 25 Medical Malpractice
The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40
Maryland Super Lawyers® Rising Star 2022-2023
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.