Recognized since 2003
Trusts and Estates
With 39 years of experience as a trusts and estates lawyer, 37 of them in Naples, Florida, Andrew J. Krause focuses his practice on family wealth transfer planning, plus estate and trust settlement and administration. In particular, Andy applies leading-edge tools and techniques to help Florida residents protect their wealth. With an emphasis on tax-efficiency, Andrew assists individuals, families and multiple-generations of families with their unique estate planning issues, including domicile change, defensive domicile planning and preparation of Florida estate planning documents, as well as advice regarding charitable gifts, life insurance, retirement plan distributions, qualified personal residence trusts, GRATS, CRTs, CLTs, private foundations and multigenerational planning.
Andrew’s unique approach includes effective communication and plan refinement through customized flowcharts or blueprints of proposed documents. Andrew works extensively with individual trustees, corporate trustees, financial planners, accountants and insurance agents, and serves as an adviser and counselor in the settlement and administration of trusts and estates, and as a trust protector. He also advises clients on planning for large IRAs and qualified plan benefits.
With passion and diligence in establishing client objectives, he guides clients to the desired plan to best implement their tax and nontax planning objectives, providing comfort and assurance that it is being done right. With consistent and regular use of trust protector provisions and powers in clients’ trust agreements, Andrew provides a generally court-free, flexible, efficient method to respond to changing needs of clients and their beneficiaries in light of changes to the tax laws, state trust law and changing family circumstances.
As a partner in the Naples office, he has represented individuals, families and multiple generations of families in the tax-efficient transfer and preservation of wealth using leading-edge tools and techniques to accomplish client objectives. His trademark is effective communication and plan refinement through customized flowcharts or blueprints of proposed documents.
Certified for more than 30 years as a Specialist in Wills, Trusts and Estates by The Florida Bar, Andrew has delivered hundreds of presentations to clients, other professionals and the public on estate planning and estate and trust settlement matters. Andrew’s clients view him as not just their wealth transfer tax planning attorney but as a trusted estate planning and family advisor.
- 3838 Tamiami Trail North , Suite 410
Naples, FL 34103
- University of Miami, LL.M., Estate Planning, graduated 1981
- Western Michigan University, Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., graduated 1980
- Central Michigan University, B.S.B.A., graduated 1977
- Florida, 1981
- Collier County Bar Association - Member
- Community Foundation of Collier County, Professional Advisors Council - Member
- Estate Planning Council of Naples, Inc. - Board of Directors
- The Florida Bar - Member
- YMCA of Naples - Endowment Board Member
- Trusts and Estates, Fort Myers (2022)
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Asset Protection
- Customized Beneficiary Designations
- Estate Planning
- Estate Planning
- Generation Skipping
- Gift Planning
- Insurance Planning
- IRA Account Balances
- Nonprofit Organizations and Charitable Giving
- Tax Planning
- Trust Administration
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell
- “Florida Legal Elite,” Florida Trend Magazine, 2014, 2016-17
- “Men of Distinction” Honoree, Education Foundation of Collier County, 2010
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Trusts and Estates, 2003-22, Fort Myers Lawyer of the Year, Trusts and Estates, 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers®, 2006-21
- Top Lawyer, Naples Illustrated, Trusts and Estates, 2018, 2020-21
- 2010 Legacy Award, American Red Cross, Collier County Chapter
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.