Recognized since 2016
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Andy is a general litigator with a diverse practice encompassing multiple areas of litigation. Andy’s practice consists primarily of product liability defense, with a focus on pharmaceutical or drug and device litigation. Andy’s product liability work also has a concentration in tires and construction materials. Andy also devotes a significant portion of his practice to a broad array of commercial disputes, including both business disputes and financial services and insurance litigation.
Andy has been engaged in pharmaceutical or drug and device litigation throughout his career, and has been involved in multiple organizations and served on committees concentrating on this specific type of litigation. The firm’s work for this industry includes roles as national and regional counsel on certain medications and devices for some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. Andy has also represented other product manufacturers and service providers in both litigation and risk management, including manufacturers of tires, structural materials used in the utility industry, construction equipment and other commercial goods.
Another significant portion of Andy’s practice involves the defense of national banks and insurance companies against a wide variety of claims including fraud and violations of federal statutes and regulations.
- One Federal Place
1819 Fifth Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
- University of Virginia, BA
- Alabama, Alabama State Bar
- Mississippi, Mississippi State Bar
- Oklahoma, Oklahoma State Bar
- Defense Research Institute - Drug and Medical Device Committee
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel - Member
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants, Birmingham (2023)
- Commercial Litigation
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rated
- Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum 2013
- Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers - "Rising Star," Business Litigation, 2010, 2013
- Listed in Alabama Super Lawyers - Personal Injury – Products: Defense, 2014–2015
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Health Care
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.