Recognized since 2007
Greenville, South Carolina
Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Mr. Satterfield has handled cases involving employment discrimination based on race, sex, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, and disability; sexual harassment; wrongful discharge; retaliatory discharge; breach of contract; covenants not to compete and trade secret violations; wage and hour disputes and child labor violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act; and the Family Medical Leave Act. He has extensive experience counseling clients on compliance issues and litigation avoidance strategies; assisting employers with responses to EEOC charges and other administrative actions; drafting substance abuse policies, noncompetition and nondisclosure agreements, and employee handbooks; and conducting supervisor training.
Mr. Satterfield has represented clients in employment lawsuits in state and federal courts, trial and appellate, in Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia.
In 1985, Mr. Satterfield earned a Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Georgia in 1981. From 1987-88, he served as a judicial clerk to Judge John L. Napier of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. Mr. Satterfield is a member of the South Carolina Bar and the District of Columbia Bar and served as Chairman of the Employment and Labor Law Section of the South Carolina Bar from 1998-99.
Mr. Satterfield is an active member of numerous business and community organizations including: South Carolina Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (2011-2015); YMCA of Greenville, Metropolitan Board of Directors (2004-2011, Chairman 2009 & 2010); Pendleton Place Children’s Shelter, Board of Directors (2011-2014); Greenville Society for Human Resource Management, Board of Directors (2013); and Haynsworth Perry Inn of Court, Executive Committee (2010 - 2016, President 2015 - 2016).
- 15 South Main Street, Suite 700
Greenville, SC 29601
- University of Georgia, BA, graduated 1981
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- South Carolina, South Carolina Bar
- Upstate South Carolina American Inn of Court - Member
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Greenville (2021)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Greenville (2017)
- Employment Law - Management, Greenville (2016)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Greenville (2012)
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Title VII Litigation
- Trade Secrets
- Wage-Hour Law
- Selected to Greenville Business Magazine's 2013 Legal Elite
- Recognized in South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business publication for his experience in labor and employment law
- Trade Secrets Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.