Recognized since 2011
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Andrea Hartley is the chair of Akerman’s Bankruptcy & Reorganization Practice Group, a nationally recognized team serving as bankruptcy counsel or receivers in many of the largest bankruptcy filings in the United States.
An experienced bankruptcy and creditors’ rights litigator, Andrea counsels clients in the financial services, real estate, hospitality, restaurant, and retail sectors on business reorganizations and liquidations, assumption and rejection of leases, workouts, debt restructurings, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and creditors’ rights. She also has substantial experience with fraudulent conveyance and preferential transfer litigation. She acts on behalf of lenders, secured and unsecured creditors, corporate debtors, commercial landlords, suppliers, vendors, and purchasers of troubled companies and their assets, both in and out of bankruptcy court.
Respected as a leader in bankruptcy law, Andrea served as National Chair of the 17,000-member Law Practice Division of the American Bar Association (ABA). She is also the past Chair of the ABA Women Rainmakers and a Fellow of the ABA. Andrea also served as only the third female president of the Dade County Bar Association in its then 95-year history.
Contact & Links
- Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 1100
98 Southeast Seventh Street
Miami, FL 33131
- University of Florida , J.D., graduated 1990
- University of Florida, BA, graduated 1987
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Business Law Section Fellow, Business Bankruptcy Co-Chair of Programs Sub-Committee
- American Bar Association - Law Practice Division, Chair (2009-2010)
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for Southern District of Florida - Member
- The Florida Bar, Bankruptcy U.C.C. Committee - Member
- Dade County Bar Association - President
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Business Leader Women Extraordinaire
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV rated
- Chambers USA 2012-2013, Ranked in Florida for Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW), Emerging Leader, 2014
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006, 2012-2016, Listed in Florida for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.