Andraya C. Frith
Recognized in:Franchise Law
Law School:University of Ottawa
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- University of Ottawa, B.Soc.Sc.
- University of Toronto, LL.B
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Franchise Association - Member
- International Franchise Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association, Joint Subcommittee on Franchising - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Franchise Law, Toronto (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Franchise Law
- Lexpert’s Top 40 Under 40 Awards
- Who’s Who Legal: Canada (noted for her “know-how and skill” and “excellent reputation”)
- The International Who's Who of Franchise Lawyers
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Franchising Law
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers: Franchising Law
- Target Corporation, the second largest retailer in the U.S., in connection with its establishment of operations in Canada.
- General Motors of Canada Limited in its successful out of court restructuring and General Motors Corporation in connection with its successful sale of substantially all of its assets to General Motors Company under section 363 of Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Developed customized franchise agreement and ancillary agreements for use by start-up franchisors.
- Created and regularly update national franchise disclosure documents for use across Canada in both regulated and unregulated provinces.
- Advised franchisors in connection with newly formed Franchisee Associations.
- Assisted US franchisors entering Canadian market with area developer and master franchise programs, as well as direct franchising model.
- Assisted Canadian franchisors on rollout of franchise programs into the US and internationally.
- Acted on public offering of securities, income trust and royalty trust offerings involving franchisors, including Pizza Pizza and Second Cup.
- Adapted consumer agreements for compliance with consumer protection laws, including Internet sales, gift cards, telemarketing, consumer credit disclosure, leasing, rent-to-own, prepaid services, direct sales, matchmaking services, and weight loss and fitness centres.
- Developed privacy policies and website terms and conditions for national franchisors, retailers and on-line businesses.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018