Irell & Manella LLP
Recognized since 2007
Newport Beach, California
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Andra B. Greene is a partner of Irell & Manella LLP, where she is head of the class action defense practice group. Ms. Greene previously served as Managing Partner of the firm's Newport Beach office.
A seasoned trial lawyer, Ms. Greene's practice encompasses a wide range of complex business litigation with an emphasis on class action defense and professional liability defense. Her extensive trial and appellate experience in state and federal courts also extends to commercial, wage and hour, employment, business torts, real estate, lender liability, executive compensation, environmental issues, securities litigation, insurance coverage, trade secrets, white-collar criminal claims and intellectual property. She frequently represents other lawyers and major law firms when they need counsel.
Ms. Greene's results for clients illustrate why she is sought after for the most sensitive and high-stakes matters. Recent highlights include resolving high-profile consumer class actions for a well-known technology company, defeating a class action brought against a major sports venue by former workers, defeating whistleblower retaliation and discrimination claims against a professional sports team, and securing decertification and a dismissal with prejudice of a false advertising class action brought against a dietary supplement company.
Ms. Greene's victories on behalf of some of the country's most recognized companies have led to such accolades as being named one of the 2016 Top Women Lawyers in California by the Daily Journal and being named among the 2016 Top 50 Women Lawyers in the nation by the National Diversity Council. In 2016, she was also recognized as the Orange County Bet-the-Company "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for her successful defense of cases including class actions. Ms. Greene was also honored as one of the 2014 Women Worth Watching by Diversity Journal.
Ms. Greene attended Harvard Law School for her J.D. in 1981 and received her B.A. from Brown University in 1978.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.irell.com/professionals-andra-greene
- 840 Newport Center Drive, Suite 400
Newport Beach, CA 92660-6324
- District of Columbia - Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Orange County (2018)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Orange County (2016)
- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Orange County (2013)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Orange County (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Complex Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- 2016 Top Women Lawyers in California by the Daily Journal
- 2016 Top 50 Women Lawyers in the nation by the National Diversity Council
- Orange County Bet-the-Company "Lawyer of the Year"
- 2014 Women Worth Watching by Diversity Journal
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.