Recognized since 2013
Employment Law - Management
Amy is a partner at BrigliaHundley. After graduating cum laude from Wake Forest University, she attended law school at the University of Florida, College of Law, where she graduated with honors and was a member of the Order of the Coif. She is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. Amy focuses on employment law, providing counseling and support to executives throughout the region. Her success in this area relies heavily on her commercial litigation experience involving financial institutions, fidelity issues, insurance coverage, employment matters, real estate, commercial disputes, and business torts.
Amy served as a Commissioner for the Fairfax Human Rights Commission for seven years. She is a member of the Fairfax Bar Association Employment Law Section where she served as secretary. She was appointed by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors to serve on the Community Action Advisory Board. She has served on the Board of Directors and provides general counsel support for Second Story which assists at risk youth. She has a long history of assisting Legal Services of Northern Virginia in the pro bono employment law program. Amy has received numerous awards for her excellence in the legal field, including being named a Legal Elite by Virginia Business magazine, being recognized as a SuperLawyers, and receiving the Henry Carrico Pro Bono Award in recognition of her commitment to service of her community.
- Lawyer Page: https://brigliahundley.com/attorney/amy-s-owen/
- 1921 Gallows Road, Suite 750
Tysons, VA 22182
- University of Florida, J.D., graduated 1986
- Wake Forest University, BA, graduated 1983
- American Bar Association - Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association - Member
- District of Columbia Women’s Bar Association - Member
- Fairfax Bar Association - Member
- Maryland State Bar Association - Member
- Northern Virginia Women Attorneys Association - Member
- Virginia State Bar - Member
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law - Management
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Labor Law - Management
- Labor Law - Union
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.