Amy represents health care providers and health care facilities in medical liability litigation, complex health care litigation, and licensing and disciplinary litigation. She also represents clients on a wide range of regulatory matters. As part of this latter focus, Amy counsels legal professionals, health care systems and physician groups on compliance with the HIPAA and HITECH Act, and primarily on the HIPAA privacy, security and breach notification requirements. Amy has been selected to the Washington Super Lawyers list from 2017 to 2020. She is also listed in Best Lawyers in America in its Health Care Law specialty for 2019-2021 and Litigation - Health Care Specialty for 2021.
Amy has taught as an adjunct professor in the health law program at University of Washington School of Law (2012-2015), as well as at Seattle University School of Law (2015 to present). Before she joined Bennett, Bigelow & Leedom, Amy clerked for the Honorable Ann Schindler of the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division I.
Amy earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from University of Notre Dame, and graduated magna cum laude from Seattle University School of Law.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Healthcare Litigation
- Healthcare Business, Regulations & Information Technology
- Health Professionals & Facilities Licensing, Investigations & Discipline
- Medical Liability Defense
Prior Professional Experience
- Bennett, Bigelow & Leedom, P.S., Shareholder, 2015 - Present
- Bennett, Bigelow & Leedom, P.S., Associate, 2007 - 2014
- Seattle University School of Law, Adjunct Professor, August 2014 - Present
- University of Washington School of Law, Lecturer, December 2011 - March 2015
- Washington State Court of Appeals, Division I Law Clerk to the Honorable Ann Schindler, August 2006 - August 2007
- King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Rule 9 Intern, May - September 2005