Concentrating her practice on public finance, Amy Johnson is able to serve clients in the capacity of underwriter's counsel, bank counsel, borrower's counsel and trustee's counsel. She works with various financial structures, including revenue bonds, variable rate demand bonds, direct purchase obligations, commercial paper, installment financings and certificates of participation. Ms. Johnson has considerable experience with the workout of troubled bond financings.
- Nominated for inaugural Charlotte ATHENA Young Leader Award
- Named Best Lawyers' 2014 Charlotte Public Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Named among the "50 Most Influential Women" presented by the Mecklenburg Times
- Board of Directors, 2013-, University of North Carolina Law School Alumni Association
- Board of Directors, 2009-2012, Mecklenburg County Bar Foundation
- Chair, 2006-2008, Charlotte Legal Diversity Clerkship Initiative, Mecklenburg County Bar
- Executive Board, 2007-2009, Myers Park Traditional School PTA
- Charlotte Business Journal “40 Under 40” winner for 2008
- Graduated first in her law school class
- Awarded membership into The James E. and Carolyn B. Davis Society