Amber L. Eck
Recognized since 2021
San Diego, California
Consumer Protection Law
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Litigation - Securities
Haeggquist & Eck partner and trial attorney Amber Eck is a tenacious advocate for employees, consumers and shareholders, and has been for the past 24 years. Amber has taken cases to trial in both state and federal court as lead trial attorney, and has recovered millions of dollars for her clients in settlements, including multiple six- and seven-figure settlements. Amber doesn’t shy away from high-profile defendants — a fact well-illustrated by her role as co-lead counsel in the well-publicized class action against President Donald Trump and Trump University, which settled for $25 million. For her work in the case, which spanned seven years, Amber and her partners took no fees. In 2016, the Trump University settlement was deemed one of California’s Top 50 Class Action Settlements.
Amber has represented plaintiffs in employment cases for wrongful termination, sexual harassment, unequal pay, and discrimination based on gender, race, religion, pregnancy, disability and age against such major corporations as Trader Joe’s, LuLaRoe, Dollar Tree, Cemex, and an international fast-food chain.
Amber is dedicated to providing pro bono legal assistance to underserved populations. She is a current member of the Southern District of California’s Pro Bono Panel, and just this year was lead trial counsel representing an inmate in a jury trial for violation of his 8th Amendment rights. She is also a member of the Lawyers Club of San Diego Human Trafficking Collaborative. She previously received the SDVLP Distinguished Service Award for her pro bono work in the case Sanchez v. County of San Diego (alleging searches of welfare applicants’ homes were unconstitutional); and the Wiley M. Manuel Pro Bono Service Award for her work in Badua v. City of San Diego (contending that the City’s long-term disability policy unlawfully discriminated against employees with mental disabilities).
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.haelaw.com/our-team/amber-eck
- 225 Broadway, Suite 2050
San Diego, CA 92101
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Pepperdine University, B.A.
- United States, Federal Bar Association
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) - Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California - Member
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego - Member
- Lawyers Club of San Diego - Member
- Southern District of California’s Pro Bono Panel - Member
- Welsh Inn of Court - Member
3 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
1 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America award
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Consumer Protection Law
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Securities
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Program Distinguished Service Award
- Finalist, San Diego Magazine Woman Of The Year Award
- Best Of The Bar, San Diego Business Journal (2016-2019)
- Nominee, National Association of Women Business Owners’ Woman Business Owner of the Year and Trailblazer Awards
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Employment Law - Management
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.