Spencer Fane LLP
Recognized since 2003
His broad-based legal experience includes presiding as a municipal court judge of the City of Houston, a state district judge of both a Civil and Family District Courts, and served as assistant attorney general for the State of Texas and briefing clerk for the Honorable Judge Ingraham, Federal District Judge for the Southern District of Texas. He has extensive experience in civil trials and appeals involving complex litigation and family law cases.
His mediation experience includes business, health law, construction, commercial, tort, employment, intellectual property (including patent, trademark, and copyright), and family law cases. He is the recepient of the Frank G. Evans Mediator of the Year Award by the Center for Legal Responsibility at South Texas College of Law;outstanding adjunct professor law ; former board member of a national bank and also a New York Stock Exchange company.;received the Anti-Defamation League’s Karen Susman Jurisprudence Award, which is presented annually to the outstanding attorney whose legal career has exemplified outstanding service to the community and the profession.; received the University of Houston Distinguished Alumni Award in April 2009. University of Houston Distinguished Alumni Awards are given to individuals who have distinguished themselves in their field of endeavor and whose accomplishments have brought credit to the university. Just over 100 alumni have received this honor. He also received the prestigious David Gibson Award from the Gulf Coast Family Law Association of Board Certified Family Lawyers as Outstanding Attorney for Excellence in the field and his professionalism. In 2012-13 he was Chair of the State Bar ADR Section and the Houston Bar Association ADR Section. He has mediated over 2500 cases and arbitrated over 500 cases dealing with personal injury, business organizations, health law, employment, securities, environmental, oil and gas, contracts and civil litigation. he is on the AAA complex panel and is a fellow in CCA, CIarb, IAM, and is a credentialed as a advanced distinguished mediator by the TX Mediator Credentialing Association.
Contact & Links
- 3040 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 1400
Houston, TX 77056
- University of Houston, graduated 1967
- Texas, 1967
- University of Houston Law Review Alumni Board - former president and board member
- University of Houston Law Center Foundation - former president and current Board member
- University of Houston Foundation - VP and Trustee
- Collaborative Law Group - member
- Gulf Coast Family Law Specialist - member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Attorneys - member
- State Bar of Texas ADR Section - Council member
- Houston Bar Assoc, ADR Section - Council member
- Intl Academy of Mediators. - president
- United States Supreme Court; All courts in Texas; Southern District of Texas; 5th Circuit
- United States District Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law, Houston (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- UH Outstanding Alumni Award
- Karen Susman ADL Jurisprudence Award- Outstanding Atty
- Frank Evans Mediator of the year award
- David Gibson Award Family Law
mediatorresolved Houston Symphony Orchestra bargaining agreement; resolved Toyota Center dispute with divergent community interests resolved City of Bryan Tx vs City of College Station regarding location and operation of garbage facility
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.