Recognized since 2021
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
“Smart answers only come from smart questions. I actively listen to thoroughly understand what is driving your issue. With a clear vision of the big picture, I can advise you on the most effective resolution for your immediate situation and the long-term growth of your business.”
My goal is to help you actively move forward to achieve your objectives while ensuring that you and your business are protected. Whether you are forming, buying or selling a business, seeking advice for your business operating needs, or are conducting real estate transactions, I am here to guide you.
Corporations and individuals rely on me for counsel on a wide variety of business and operating issues, including:
- choice of business entity (individual owner, LLC, S-Corp, C-Corps)
- governance structure and operating agreements
- tax compliance and considerations
- formation of joint ventures
- contract negotiation and review
- purchasing and selling business assets
- purchasing and selling ownership of companies
Closely held businesses retain me at all stages, from formation or buying an existing business through ongoing counsel as a trusted business advisor, to selling the business. You can count on my careful questioning in the planning stages, to identify the key issues and risks in transactions and to assist in developing the ideal operating structure that allows for growth and innovation, along with the necessary legal protection.
I also represent clients in various real estate matters, including:
- purchase and sale agreements for commercial and residential properties
- commercial leases, requests for estoppel certificates and subordination agreements
- due diligence
- transactions with title companies
- preparations for closing
- landlord and tenant disputes
You can expect fruitful and efficient conversations, because I take a personal approach—talking in-person or on the phone versus lengthy emails—so nothing is lost in translation.
See my full bio here.
Contact & Links
- 225 South Sixth Street, Suite 1600
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- William Mitchell College of Law , J.D., graduated 2015
- College of Saint Benedict, B.A., graduated 2012
- Minnesota, Minnesota
- College of St. Benedict Alumnae Board - Member, 2016-present; Co-Chair Alumnae Development Committee, 2016-2018; Professional Development Events Lead Planner, 2016-present
- Hennepin County Bar Association - Member, Softball League Co-Commissioner, 2018-present
- Hennepin County Bar Foundation - Golf Classic Planning Committee, 2019
- Minnesota CLE - Business Law Institute Planning Committee, 2018-present
- Minnesota State Bar Association - Member, Business Law Section; Private Governance Committee, 2016-present
- Ramsey County Bar Association - Member
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2022 for work in:
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Assistant Editor, William Mitchell Law Review
- Burton Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- 2019 Up & Coming Attorney Honoree, Minnesota Lawyer, 2019
- 2020 Excellence Award Honoree, Hennepin County Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers–Rising Stars® Edition, 2020-2021
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.