Recognized since 2020
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Trusts and Estates
Alison Zizzo is a Shareholder at Midgett Preti Olansen and concentrates her practice in trust and estate litigation, including fiduciary disputes, beneficiary representation, guardian and conservatorships, and elder law. Ms. Zizzo has extensive civil litigation experience and can handle a variety of general litigation matters, including business disputes, collection and defense of debts and contract disputes. In addition, Ms. Zizzo handles complex trust and estate administration matters, assisting families with trust and estate administration issues, as well as litigation that may arise during the course of administration.
In 2014 and 2015, Ms. Zizzo was selected by her peers to be included in Virginia Business magazine’s Legal Elite in the category of Young Lawyer and in the category of Taxes/Estate/Trusts/Elder Law in 2015. In 2014, Virginia Super Lawyers magazine selected her as a Rising Star in the category of Estate and Trust Litigation. Ms. Zizzo has been repeatedly recognized as a Best Lawyer and Virginia Business Magazine’s Legal Elite in the category of Taxes/Estate/Trust and Elder Law since 2017. Ms. Zizzo has further been recognized as a Top Lawyer in Coastal Virginia Magazine. In 2023, Ms. Zizzo was named Lawyer of the Year, Litigation-Trusts and Estates in Norfolk.
Ms. Zizzo earned her Bachelor of Arts in History from Christopher Newport University, where she was awarded the Martha Woodword Scholarship for Excellence in History. She received her law degree from Regent University School of Law where she earned Top Honors recognition in courses on Legal Research and Writing, Trial Practice, and Wills, Trusts and Estates. Ms. Zizzo has an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale Hubbell.
- 2901 South Lynnhaven Road, Suite 120
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- Regent University, J.D., graduated 2006
- Christopher Newport University, B.A. in History, graduated 2000
- Virginia, 2006
- Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council - Member
- Virginia Beach Bar Association - Member
- VSB Legislative Committee - Member
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- Virginia Supreme Court
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates, Norfolk (2023)
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Trusts and Estates
AV® Preeminent ™ Peer Review Rating by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Virginia Business Magazine’s Legal Elite, 2014-2015, 2017-2018
- Virginia “Super Lawyer”, 2017-2018
- Virginia “Super Lawyer” Rising Star, 2014-2016
- “Top Lawyers”, 2018, Coastal Virginia Magazine
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
- Corporate Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.